Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactically Arsenal already replaced Alexis with Lacazette. If they force him to stay for a year, it will only be to try to secure the fourth place and return to the Champions League. After that they will have to invest anyway, they already spent a lot for this season (for the standards of Arsenal). If the market continues with inflation next year, they run the risk of spending much more than budgeted.

Sanchez signed for 35 million pounds!!!. For that amount nowadays it is not possible to sign someone decent !!!. It is not a bad idea to take 50 million for Alexis and improve his midfield (Özil very irregular - Cazorla with 32 years will not recover very easy) or defense (many injured).

We are technically helping Arsenal

-
3 seasons in Udinese
3 seasons in Barcelona
3 seasons in Arsenal
> It's time to go !!

I think that's a bit dramatic mate.

Cech, Ox, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Mahrez, Ozil, Lacazette is not a Stoke team, with a bench that consists of Per, Bellerin, Holding, Wilshere, Coquelin, Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Cazorla when fit.

It's not as strong as it would be with Sanchez, but it still should compete to a reasonable level.
If you got Mahrez as well as Lacazette then job done. There's no point looking at what Sanchez has done in the past and thinking what can we do without that. You had him at his peak, and you still have him, but in my opinion the Sanchez of 2017-18, 18-19 wont be as productive and mahrez and Lacazette would be quality replacements. However, I think City are going for Mbappe. City's link to Evans (cheapish option) strengthens that view - Mbappe is going to be £100m plus. I do wonder why you haven't bid for Mahrez and why no one else has. I think he's an exceptional player and it amazes me that the Premiership clubs have ignored him. He was one of the two key players behind Leicester's title win.

Apparently they aren't / have never been in for Mahrez. Correct me if wrong but all just paper talk.
I don't know. I'd be surprised if they're not interested at least. Could be part of Wenger's 'master plan'. Just when the Gooners are doubting him, he pulls Mahrez out of the hat.

Tactically Arsenal already replaced Alexis with Lacazette. If they force him to stay for a year, it will only be to try to secure the fourth place and return to the Champions League. After that they will have to invest anyway, they already spent a lot for this season (for the standards of Arsenal). If the market continues with inflation next year, they run the risk of spending much more than budgeted.

Sanchez signed for 35 million pounds!!!. For that amount nowadays it is not possible to sign someone decent !!!. It is not a bad idea to take 50 million for Alexis and improve his midfield (Özil very irregular - Cazorla with 32 years will not recover very easy) or defense (many injured).

We are technically helping Arsenal

-
3 seasons in Udinese
3 seasons in Barcelona
3 seasons in Arsenal
> It's time to go !!
Good post, but one thing I'd add, Mbappe I think is the no. 1 target . It's evident that City have been extremely tenacious in our bid for Mbappe

For sure. I thought we had a great chance last season and it was our mental fortitude that led us down. Hopefully Pep can instil belief into the squad

Yes, and some weak links within the team that meant Pep couldn't be as tactically diverse as he would have liked.

Talking of mental fortitude, if only Pep was in charge for that semi-final tie vs. Real Madrid. Hoping we don't freeze if (hopefully when!) we get that far this season.

I think that's a bit dramatic mate.

Cech, Ox, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Mahrez, Ozil, Lacazette is not a Stoke team, with a bench that consists of Per, Bellerin, Holding, Wilshere, Coquelin, Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Cazorla when fit.

It's not as strong as it would be with Sanchez, but it still should compete to a reasonable level.
Not good enough in my view to secure top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.