Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were when they were successful, they've gone to shit since they lost that harmony. Much like how Real were shit for a decade when they were full of in fighting, then have been dominant since has come in and got them on the same page. You can have success with a dressing room with issues, but you very rarely get sustained success without everyone pulling in the same direction.

No they weren't! They were constantly on the edge of collapsing from the board down. It's why Pep left.

They're both completely different personalities with different abilities. They both have the hunger to be the best but the way they go about it is completely different.

Again, Barca were on fire that year and the team evidently didn't suffer for his presence. He helped them win titles and then was sold (presumably because he's a knobhead) without any long term damage to the team. The transfer didn't pan out how they'd hoped but it's hard to argue with the results.
Not sure I agree with your assessment of his year at Barca. The year before they won the CL, that year they didn't, then the year after they won it again. It was undoubtedly a down year for them by their ridiculously high standards of the time. It was an absolutely huge failure of a transfer, they got worse as a team and lost a huge amount of money.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of his year at Barca. The year before they won the CL, that year they didn't, then the year after they won it again. It was undoubtedly a down year for them by their ridiculously high standards of the time. It was an absolutely huge failure of a transfer, they got worse as a team and lost a huge amount of money.

Statistically they had a marginally better domestic campaign that year than the seasons either side of the transfer. They were knocked out by Inter (the winners that season) in the semi and were only one goal away from defeating them on away goals.

No doubt it was a shit signing and Barca were a more cohesive unit without him but the damage was hardly Earth shattering other than from a financial point of view. The point I was trying to make is that Ibrahimovic and his attitude didn't do enough to derail them so that negative comparison with any potential Sanchez transfer doesn't really hold up.

Like I said, it's not really comparable anyway given the two different personalities and play styles and I'm sure if we were to go in for Sanchez then he'd be made fully aware of the situation with regards to first team competition rather than coming in expecting to be 'top dog'.

I doubt anyone in the squad has been told that they're a guaranteed starter, even Sergio has been made aware that there aren't any assurances and, on top of that, Pep has worked with him before and would therefore have a pretty decent idea what to expect from him in terms of mentality.

Sorry if this was just incoherent waffle, I'm sleep deprived.

Still created an unstable and unpleasant atmosphere (which I don't want to see happening again at City).

That's fair enough and I do understand where you're coming from.

Pardon my ignorance but what does "top dog" mean?

I somehow doubt that clubs nominate a player who, irrespective of performances, will be undroppable all season long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.