Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear, and was clearly stated numerous times, that Pep wants killers in the box. Sanchez can be one of those killers, while also providing more in and around the box.

City were creating 10, 15, 20 chances per game and getting the odd goal and struggling to put teams away. I think Pep wants a bench that can change games and players that can put real pressure on those on the field to perform.

I think he quickly learned that his dual mandates (CL success and domestic silverware) requires two teams of players of the highest standards, especially in those areas of the field where he demands a higher workrate than many other teams and many other managers. There will be no one allowed to saunter around the field. There will be no one who is exempt from putting in maximum effort for the time they are on the field. There will be no one who is allowed to mess around in training and walk into the team on Saturday. No, Pep is ruthless, but he needs to manpower to be able to be ruthless, because this season he has had to try to kick some players up the backside to do more, cajole some players into being better.

Next season, you will know the expectations going in and if you are unwilling, or unable, to live up to them, you will learn your fate very quickly. From there, you either buck up or ship out. No time for second best, because The Project is reaching fruition.

Pep is here to take Sheikh Mansour to the Promised Land of European football success and turn his investment into billions. Soriano has done the business off the field, turning us into a global commercial success, and now it is upto Pep and Txiki to put global football success on the field, and that means silverware every year and challenging for the CL every year. Last 8 is a minimum ask, with semis being expected and a Final victory within grasp. To be in the same breath as Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve is the goal. To be accepted as one of the Top 8 teams is demanded. Those teams stroll around in their respective leagues for half the season, and regularly do the double. In England, that is not so easy due to the relentlessly competitive nature of the League, but the rewards here are so much greater that the expense is worth it. We will certainly continue to spend the money necessary to give the coach who he needs to fulfill the Sheikh's dreams, so from here it is upto Pep and the 25 men he chooses to beat the world.

The future is Blue and I wanna go for the ride!

Don't think he's half the player Aguero is. Bad business of we go after him..

Game of opinions and all that, Different types of players, but to say he's half the player of Aguero is ridiculous. He's in that world class bracket, like Aguero and would be amazing business if we got him.

Game of opinions and all that, Different types of players, but to say he's half the player of Aguero is ridiculous. He's in that world class bracket, like Aguero and would be amazing business if we got him.
If we are chasing a winner I wouldn't turn my nose up at having Sergio Jesus and Sanchez on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.