Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Pep said we need a little bit extra but is he really vital? If we can't get through til January, our problems run deeper than Sanchez. I'm not sure looking for lower league players is the answer and Nacho would have only been a bit part player. We're at the stage where we push for players that we really want and back up players don't necessarily come into it. It was Sanchez or nothing. The fact that it ended up being nothing doesn't mean it's doom and gloom, just not quite as good as it could have been.

Yea. If our forwards can avoid picking up silly cards one or the other should be available even allowing for Aguero injuries. And we have so many great attacking players if we have to go with 1 or 0 up front.

I would avoid any dealings involving Arsenal. Wait till July get Alexis on a free. This as left a bad taste in all of our mouths. Arsenal knew we wouldn't throw either Raz or Sergio in on the deal, and shit themselves when Lemar said yes. Extrordinary behaviour for a supposedly top club.

I understand what you're saying and yes, Arsenal are a shower but I think serious questions have to be asked about our strategy. An earlier public bid would have put Arsenal under some pressure and it would also have sent a clear message to Sanchez which may have affected his behaviour towards Arsenal. Once a deal was done to sell AOC, Arsenal needed to get a replacement for Sanchez, to save face with their own fans if nothing else. City's strategy of bidding very late underestimated the level of Arsenal's incompetence.

A January deal is very much a possibility but on our terms assuming Sanchez just goes through the motions on the pitch for Arse and relations between him and us have not been damaged by this debacle.
I disagree with the people's insistance that we have any fault in this farce. Utter madness

If he's the sort of player that doesn't put in any effort when he doesn't get his own way then i'm glad we didn't buy him, he's under contract and should give 100% every game for Arsenal.
As it is, i don't think he's that sort of player

If he was to get a long term injury in the Spring, his market value will plummet. It's human nature to not take such risks.

I'm disappointed since it looked very much like we had got him and now it's a bit of a come down.

But to be honest, I can see the positives.

(a) We have £60m more in the bank than we would have done, not to mention the £300k/week or whatever the number was
(b) We won't have to bench our existing players as much

(c) Is kind of the same as (b) but I have been REALLY excited by Sané since his arrival. At first, he was a bit meh, but once he got going last season, I thought this kid is going to be the real deal. His pace over 5 yards is ridiculous and he has tremendous skill, and an eye for goal. This season he's been pretty woeful, probably in part because of where we've played him. But he also seems to me like a kid who needs confidence (who doesn't) to perform at his best. I was worried he wouldn't get the game time he needs if he was 2nd pick behind Sanchez all the time. Now we should get to see Sané back to his better, and even better hopefully :-)

According to Chilean outlet Emol, Manchester City are ready to file an official complaint against Arsenal as they believe Alexis Sanchez formally signed the contract.
Source:

What do you think?

I'd agree with this, I'd even go as far as to tell them publicly now what the terms are. They then have 4 months to sort their forward line out.
Tell them they'll receive a bid Jan 1st 00:00 for £25m, it's a take it or leave it deal that expires 23:59 the same day. No fucking around, no back n forth.
You won't like me saying it but I'd leave it til the last 48 hours again. If you're in for a player, you don't reduce your chances of getting him by putting time limits on it. You put the selling club under pressure by limiting their options. If they still won't play ball and we have an understanding with Sanchez for next summer, the deal only gets better for us and him, as the middle man (Arsenal) is no longer relevant.

i think any movement in january will be dependant on both club standings. After yesterdays pantomime it would not surprise me one bit to see sign a three year contract with Arsenal I really thought by getting him it would negate our rivals , who all have excellent reliable and clinical frontmen By not making sure we have cover ,front and back is going to make us pray every time Aguero or kompany go down, making the Kelchi sale totally shambolic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.