Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are mental, he'd be taking home double what our current highest paid players do and account for about 10% of the wage bill on his own if that were the case.
Probably puts him on a par with Sergio and Big Dave. KDB will be earning more with his new contract. About 5% of the wage bill also.

Edit: not all is paid in taxable fortnightly wages.

Probably puts him on a par with Sergio and Big Dave. KDB will be earning more with his new contract. About 5% of the wage bill also.

Edit: not all is paid in taxable fortnightly wages.

I realise there will be loopholes and bonuses etc but I thought that most of the image rights schemes had been shut down and they're on PAYE for the majority of their salary?

Do they include bonuses as part of the weekly wages when they report this? If he were getting a 30 million signing bonus and his contract was over 5 years, that's an extra 115k per week depending how you want to phrase it. I know here in the States, you typically see "X athlete" signs a deal worth 10 million per year for 5 years, including a 20 million signing bonus. His contract is only paying 6 million a year, but you include the bonus with his average wages. The articles I read on Sanchez did not seem clear at all about this matter.

I realise there will be loopholes and bonuses etc but I thought that most of the image rights schemes had been shut down and they're on PAYE for the majority of their salary?
Some were, there's plenty of ways around though as they're constantly applying band aids when they need to burn and rebuild. Doubt he'll get 13m take home personally but KDB will likely be getting more than that so you never know. Don't forget most of the squad will be on between 5 and 7m gross and the balance has to come from somewhere. 21 man senior squad too.

Do they include bonuses as part of the weekly wages when they report this?
Of course they did mate, watch our wage bill skyrocket if we win multiple trophies. We hedge it though so the bonuses won't really cost us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.