Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another angle. Think back to 3 weeks ago & Southampton spinning reports of a £75m bid from City being accepted for VVD. LFC's arses went & they paid the world record fee for an excellent defender, when by all accounts City made it clear it was £60m limit for VVD, take it or leave it.

We've been nailed on for RVP, Isco & Alves, & all of them fell through for various reasons. City can easily afford Sanchez, but NOT at this moment with FFP & another desperately needed CB to consider.

Arsenal probably know this, so are in the position of knowing, we need Sanchez as much as they need the money & his replacement signed.

Alas, whatever happens we'll roll on regardless. Missing out on RVP & Isco taught me not to get too twisted about transfers. If it happens, then great. If not, we move on.

The Arse need Sanchez AND the money more than we need either. This episode shows more and more how much shite is peddled in the RDAHMeedya. I wonder what kind of money Sanchez would contemplate to turn out for the Rags. He will have a bigger whinger as manager than the one he seems to have little care for at the moment, and then he will be fed by Herrera, Mata, Carrick, Beaker as opposed to Silva, de Bruyne, Ferny, Mendy and those raking passes from Nico! The bugger's off the The Swamp!!

Can we send Txiki to negotiate for Malcolm for them. We can add a secret clause saying that if we sign him in future, his current owners will get a nice chunk of the fees to be paid. Can we?

Thing is, none of the players good enough to replace Sanchez will want to go near Arsenal with a barge pole. And he knows it.

Arsenal the only club to have 4 months and not sort a deal out for a player they need to replace...starting to think it would’ve been easier to sign someone for them and swap for Sanchez!

Arsenal are at a crossroads I feel. For years they have got away with spending little but making the top 4, year in year out, but they now face 5 clubs who are more ambitious than they are and so they face a prolonged period outside of the Champions League unless they wise up and spend the considerable cash that we all know they have. Really the board should be prepared for this, and their best bet would be to turn to a new manager in the summer armed with a significant transfer budget, but the dithering over Wenger is symptomatic of the poor decisions they are making at board level. The Sanchez debacle highlights this issue perfectly. They should just accept the 20 or 25m that we'd pay and stock up for a bonanza in the summer, there are bound to be some stars emerging from the WC and they could seriously rebuild for a more sustained period of title challenges in the years to come. But I guess that's all a bit too sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.