Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get why so many comfort themselves with knowing the rags will pay over the odds for Alexis. Why does what they pay matter? They’re getting a world class player I’m sure non of their fans give a flying fuck how much they spend on him just as none of ours would care if we spent 700 million on Messi.

Paid the 35mil asking price....(seeing as we were willing to offer 60mil only 5 months ago) Transfer window has been open 14 days and were still sat playing poker with our rumoured 20mil offer..The rags "serious" interest only seems to have started in the last week after it became clear Sanchez wanted to move now and not wait for the Summer. We didnt seem to want to move from that 20mil offer believing he only wanted us....I dont think it takes a brain surgeon to see, once Sanchez's agent knew we werent willing to meet Arsenal's valuation, he got on the phone looking for the best possible deal elsewhere, to make the move happen....

So if we were to go balls deep for Sanchez but that then comprises our summer spending

But you don't just 'pay the asking price' & that's it, Utd will just do the same.

If he wants to sign for City he can sign. Arsenal will sell him to us. If he wants 400k pw he'll sign for them.

We'd already agreed terms with the player.....its only our complacency that allowed the rags to turn his head! The rags would have been nowhere to be seen if we'd moved quicker to get the deal done with Arsenal. I agree tho, now the rags at the table offering stupid wages, its pushed us into a corner....

I agree mate.....but that still only adds up to what we had offered 5 months ago. That 60mil is still in pot from the summer! For a player of Sanchez's level, that is still a bargain in todays market...

But then, he would have been playing for us all season.

All he has to do in this window is tell Arsenal he wants to sign for City. Why the fuck can't he do that ?

Twists and turns.

Utd look desperate as fuck tbh.

If we don’t sign him, the earmarked money can and should be invested wisely in another player in an area we actually ‘need’.
Invest 20mill - would not even get JFE for that. This will be a big miss by City to let a very good player get away to a rival for a very low price - if this really goes through to rags.

I was wanting to sign him a few weeks back but if i am honest it was probably me just being greedy, when i actually look at our situation we are not in desperation for him as our seasons form has showed. We went to him offered him a package but he has been tempted by a club that are desperate, totally desperate to sign him and have therfore thrown the kitchen sink at him and his agent.

United will end up with a player who will have no sell on value, on absolutely massive wages ala the rooney situation again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.