Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, sorry. He will go to the Rags. This is over for us and I just hope it does not come back and bite us on the derriere; even one of my (just) 17 year old daughters, who has not been tainted by Cityitis, said this morning: "we'll lose a striker (to injury) and Sanchez will score the winner in the Derby!".

Er...she's your daughter, isn't she? Tainted since conception, mate!

The bottom line is that while not cheap signing Sanchez now is a lot cheaper than signing Griezmann in the summer for example.
The alleged difference in wages being offered is 75k a week or roughly 4m a year. If he signs a 3 Yr contract that is 12m extra in wages. Hardly a game breaker when you consider Arsenal want 35m and any potential summer striker will be 100m.

So it is definitely about not wanting to break salary cap. If Sánchez were to wait until the summer I am sure we could give him 30m signing on fee and then his 275k a week salary.

It's not about the cost of Sanchez's salary and transfer fee in isolation - it's the knock-on effect on the rest of the squad and any potential future transfers. All of whom would then know we were prepared to pay £350k per week. It could spiral into a very expensive situation down the line. Let United have that problem instead.

It's not about the cost of Sanchez's salary and transfer fee in isolation - it's the knock-on effect on the rest of the squad and any potential future transfers. All of whom would then know we were prepared to pay £350k per week. It could spiral into a very expensive situation down the line. Let United have that problem instead.

I think that's exactly what it's about. It would cause chaos in the changing room.

The bottom line is that while not cheap signing Sanchez now is a lot cheaper than signing Griezmann in the summer for example.
Not in terms of wages plus amortisation before you even take re-sale value ( and depreciation) into account.

Not really halved, they want £35m plus a united player worth 25m/30m

It was well reported that they'd accept a £35m bid from us. I suspect United are offering Mkhiwhatever in a separate cash deal (that may well have a value of £0 as they need him off the books to fit in Sanchez).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.