Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find hard to understand is that if we had a deal accepted by Sanchez & it was only Arsenal standing in the way of a deal, what's changed now, apart from different negotiating stances from Arsenal & City because we're 6 months further down the line & Sanchez only has 6 months left on his contract?

What could possibly have changed in the meantime between City & Sanchez? If something has changed, common sense says it must either be us offering less favourable terms than last summer, or Sanchez wanting more favourable terms...
Could be a couple of things. One scenario, which I’m starting to think might be realistic is that the agent has come back and said “Well you were prepared to pay x, y & z in the summer so that’s a total cost of £100m over the 4 years. We still want £100m but the fee’s gone down so the wages have to go up”.

That might explain a lot.

Could be a couple of things. One scenario, which I’m starting to think might be realistic is that the agent has come back and said “Well you were prepared to pay x, y & z in the summer so that’s a total cost of £100m over the 4 years. We still want £100m but the fee’s gone down so the wages have to go up”.

That might explain a lot.
Is @robbieh his agent? ;)

If you look at our squad....honestly, how many players are better than Sanchez? Kev? Silva? Aguero? Dont really understand why Sanchez cant be one of our highest paid earners in our team, when you look at todays market. The market value for Sanchez is 100-130mil and we're rumoured to have offered 75mil in total package(fee/wages/etc) which is alot less for him to come here so cant argue if another team comes in and offers more.....watching us against Liverpool, I think this was a "need" signing and surprised we think we could get Arsenal/Sanchez to agree to terms with us when clearly other teams feel he's worth alot more....

If it's all been about money and playing one side off against the other I can't see us going back for him.

I don't think it was always about that but it seems to be now. He was ready to sign the contract in Chile on deadline day and just needed the green light from Arsenal. Because that fell through, it's opened up opportunities for other clubs to try their luck in this window and an opportunity for his agent to get an even better deal financially.

But were we offering the same wages as he's apparently demanding now? See above - I suspect we were offering a figure that we were happy with at that point but he's upped the ante.

I get the feeling we made low offer to Arsenal because we hoped we could drag this out to the summer, so we could get him on a free, not expecting his agent to push for a Jan move, which allowed other teams to come to the table. If he still had 2 years left on his deal, the "overall" package would have been alot more than what we offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.