Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's to say it wouldnt have been the same with Sanchez! Once you jump on the ship and he sees the love of the fans and the chemistry in the squad, he might have fallen in love with the club. The Yaya signing is no different to Sanchez.....and I bet no-one regrets we did everything we could to get Yaya signed all those years ago! Even Yaya and his agent have pushed for a big payday over the last few years. If Sanchez scored the winning goal for us in CL final, everyone would soon forget his 350k wages demands!;)
or maybe Sanchez ruptures his knee in his first game and never plays a single good game for us. Anyone can play the bullshit hypothetical game

What about Delph mate? ;)

Difference was he chose to stay where he was not renage on a deal by demanding more. Then came asking for a second chance.

Sanchez still could do. But he will have to tell his agent where to stick his demands and say being at City is more important.

Even then I think he will have much to do to convince Pep that he means it.

Yesterday we made clear the door was still open. None of the media are seeing that part.

But this is what it means. He will have to accept the rules of our club that team spirit counts not egos and salaries. You don't do that you don't play for City.

What a lot of people on here - and most of the media - do not get (other than that excellent Sam Lee 'briefing' posted earlier) is that we have just signed a world class player yesterday.

That player is called Team Spirit.

This has sent one huge message to the players that they are here only because they want to be here and we will not kick them out of the side to be replaced by someone, however good they are, if they do not show the same resolve to wish to join City and be part of this fantastic squad.

My bet is you will see the reaction to that Saturday and in coming games way more than if we had caved in and paid what it took to beat United.

Sanchez might have had a good game or two. This guarantees the players who have bought into the club's ethos will week after week.

This is not just the right move by the management at City it is a brilliant move for the squad.

If Sanchez was good enough and of the right mentality to play for us he would be on the phone right now begging Pep to still have him.

If he does not do then this decision was 100% right.
Good post and a very true observation !

That Mikky fella would be mental if he agreed to a pay cut to go Arsenal after the way he's been treated.
I'd sit on the bench with a big smile on my face counting money.

or maybe Sanchez ruptures his knee in his first game and never plays a single good game for us. Anyone can play the bullshit hypothetical game

Agreed....but difficult to argue that it was money that did the talking when Yaya signed and its no different to Sanchez now...

That Mikky fella would be mental if he agreed to a pay cut to go Arsenal after the way he's been treated.
I'd sit on the bench with a big smile on my face counting money.
His agent is Mino.

He won't be taking a paycut, Mino will bend Woody over for any shortfall.

What a lot of people on here - and most of the media - do not get (other than that excellent Sam Lee 'briefing' posted earlier) is that we have just signed a world class player yesterday.

That player is called Team Spirit.

Had no idea David Brent was a City fan!

Agreed....but difficult to argue that it was money that did the talking when Yaya signed and its no different to Sanchez now...
We are in a completely different position as a club now, we don't need to bribe players to play for us with ridiculous money, that's the rags job now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.