Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential heart-attack moment for Tyler if he's on commentary for his first goal.
No doubt he will say some bollocks about paying for himself already even tho it's a equaliser against Yeovil or the like.

That equates to £520k a week !!!!

Exactly why FFP will only benefit the ones with money, regardless if it is self earnt or inherited through an owner.

The idea that a mid-table club can organically make its way to the top nowadays let alone stay there is pretty much absolutely impossible in the modern game.

Football clubs are just not that anymore, they are corporations, in particularly the ones currently established at the top.

I would doubt it.

Not that that's not his worth, just that he would accept that.
We don't know what they are reporting though. Basic wage and not accounting for any bonuses? 60k does seem low i will admit but 200k is not realistic for Everton afaik.

There was a post on here with a German journalist (I assume) commenting in the press today that Bayern pulled out because they had similar extreme demands from both Sanchez and his agent and were immediately deterred like City as they were regarded as excessive.

I guess that ourselves, Bayern and PSG must be mugs then to not take this deal

And united must be the really clever ones...at least to the rag hordes anyway lol

I think the only real mistake we made is in assuming he was okay waiting till the Summer and more or less being drawn into bidding now because of the Jesus injury.

He was clearly extremely annoyed on that last day of the Summer window when it fell through. You could see it. We obviously had cooled at least in terms of paying anything significant for him mid season, for good reasons given what was happening on the pitch with our team spirit. He seems to have expected we would just want him as soon as possible and we misjudged how desperate he was to get out now.

That could have driven him to look at other options just in case probably not expecting someone to actually want him more than we did.

I imagine he hung on hoping we would at least meet him and his agent half way. We clearly felt that was too much.

He likely would have struggled waiting to join us just after we finish this epic season. He would have wanted to be part of it not the afterparty. You cannot really blame him for that.

So we are where we are. Though he could still have had that place in the run in to victory by just saying no to big money. One day he will realise that and regret it.

Instead it will be worse to watch the title run in from a ring side seat across town.

It could just have been happenstance and a United manager desperate for any crumb of a victory over Pep this season who persuaded his board to back him to any insane level possible on the expectation that it would boost the team and give them a shot at something this season they could claim as a victory and in the knowledge the media would play the game of this as a United knockout blow over City.

Even the usually excellent pundit Neville is blinkered over that thinking so easy to see why Mourinho sold the money men on it.

They probably expect this to prey on us psychologically and effect our results on the pitch.

In the way some posters seem very down and defeated.

I agree. I think it will effect us on the pitch. Only in the opposite direction to what they are assuming because it is a huge shot in the arm to the team that we put their hard work in getting us where we are ahead of paying oodles more to another to come in their place.

Last edited:
Club has taken the right stance with this - however if we finish the season well and win things we need to ensure we don't make the mistakes we did after the 2012 and 2014 seasons which showed huge drop offs in performance and some poor transfers.
The transfer market is evolving and we need to get wise to it a bit more - or lose out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.