Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three players for two wide positions, Two players for the central position, don't see how you think we could go with less than that.

We aim to play 55 60 games next season. No way we should be playing Sane/Sterling or Jesus for those amounts. Total burn out. They will all be happy to rotate in a WC year.

If we get Alexis, there will eventually be an outgoing player. I just can't see how we'd keep 5 star forwards happy.
Competition for places is what we're striving for not having Navas (the ultimate game changer) waiting on the bench. Pep can see players get burnt out/lack of form and having quality players to step in is what he wants/needs to play the type of football we are after. Sterling didn't play toward the end because he played the vast majority of matches up to March/April. As an example of sharing the workload with Sanchez it Mbappe he would carry on playing being benched here left out of the squad there.

If we get Alexis, there will eventually be an outgoing player. I just can't see how we'd keep 5 star forwards happy.
I think we'll be ok with getting Sanchez but if we were to get Mbappe then I'd imagine Aguero would be off which I think would be fair all round, i.e.

Sane/Mbappe on the right,
Jesus/Sanchez in the middle,
Sterling/B.Silva on the right
- all interchangeable
- and other than Sanchez all young

But if Augero stays then great.

Many people on here seem to be caught in the old-school thinking that a team consist of 11 players who play every game, plus a few reserves who might be subbed in every now and then. This is simply not correct anymore. A team consists of at least 22 players, ideally all are of equal quality, and the 11 starting will be picked every game anew. You could call this power rotation if you like. I am convinced that this is what Pep is trying to achieve, I am convinced all the players (current and incoming) know this very well, and actually also appreciate it. If not they will not be with City for very long. Not sure how often I have read this statement that Sanchez in means automatically Aguero out. I am sure Aguero will only be sold if he himself asks for it, and I don't think he will. We are on the threshold of something very special and every player wants to be part of it.

Its the agreement with Arsenal that's the issue.

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do. Wenger just spent all year having half the fans calling for his head before signing a new contract. If they sell their best player to us then they all will probably be calling for his head. But if they keep him then they will lose him on a free next summer so damned if they do damned if they don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.