Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already have unbalance team.
other than Aguero, which player scores regularly for this team?
no one.

i will consider them regular goal scorer if they can scores 20 goals per season, consistently.
in between 2 title winning seasons,
we once have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Negredo and Yaya,
which scores more than 15 goals per season.
and for the last 2 seasons, only Aguero left in that list.
(and KDB with 16 goals, but he's more effective as goal provider)
we desperately need another top goal scorer.

Gabriel, Nacho and Sane, they are prospect players,
rather than proven goal scorer in top league.
there are an extra cup competition in this league.
Pep can always play them all and rotate the squad to stay fresh.
ship out yaya, nasri, hart, mangala, zuculini, navas, bony, clichy, zaba, sagna, etc
buy Sanchez, back up GK, young DM, senior CB and both fullbacks.

-------------------------- Sanchez/Gabriel ------- Aguero/Nacho

--------------- Sane/Nolito ------------- KDB/Silva --------- Sterling/Roberts

--------------------------------------- Dinho/young DM

--------------------- (usual back 4 with inverted fullback,
wide position already covered with 2 strikers and wingers,
no need to storm up front frequently)

Alexis Sanchez has never scored 20 goals in a season, so he doesn't even fit your own benchmark.

Personally I'd rather see how Sane develops and how Jesus fits into the side before we think about bringing in another attacker. Sanchez, as good as he is, would mean marganalising our players for the sake of a quick fix. We should stick with what we have, put faith in our players and revisit this at the end of the season.

Alexis Sanchez has never scored 20 goals in a season, so he doesn't even fit your own benchmark.

His goal scoring record is decent for a winger/second striker, about 1 in every 2 league games for Arsenal and then look at his other contributions such as pace, dribbling, creativity/passing. Plus, he does it in all types of games. He'd be perfect for our team. He's up there now with one of the best in the world for his position. If we want to win trophies we need to sign players like this. You wouldn't see any other team in the world saying I don't want to sign this player because I want to see how this young kid here develops after he scored one goal in half a season. It would be like saying don't sign Messi if we had a chance because Iheancho might get upset and we want to see if he can become a superstar in 5-6 years. If Sane, Sterling, Iheancho, Roberts or any of them are good enough, they'll win there place in the team ahead of him or along side him. Id have him all day long, as he would be a guaranteed starter and would make us a better team.

You wouldn't see any other team in the world saying I don't want to sign this player because I want to see how this young kid here develops after he scored one goal in half a season.

That's true. Chelsea decided to bring in Samuel Eto'o instead of keeping Romelu Lukaku for example, and kept 36 year old Lampard instead of Kevin De Bruyne - and that worked out so well for them.

If we sign Sanchez, we've massively fucked up in the transfer market again. Because it means we will end up selling one of Sané, Sterling or G. Jesus, because we will not keep those 3 plus Aguero and Sanchez happy.

And if we wanted Sanchez, or a player who could deliver instantly, why blow £150m on young wingers instead.

If we want to win trophies we need to sign players like this. You wouldn't see any other team in the world saying I don't want to sign this player because I want to see how this young kid here develops after he scored one goal in half a season.

I couldn't agree less. Our club has put it's faith in the players we've invested in and vice versa. If we were to bring in Sanchez who does he replace? He'd be a guaranteed starter and that means lack of game time for the players we have previously spent big money on for his position. Why should they lose out on reaching their potential, or ruin the club's long term plan because someone we want our wingers to play like becomes available? That's totally backwards. I'd agree if we hadn't bought Sane and Jesus, but we have and those positions that Sanchez would play in have been filled. You seem to have written Sane off already because he's only scored one goal this season despite being young, moving to a different country and needing time to settle in. He needs a consistent run of games to become the player he can be and singing a big name like Sanchez that would hamper his playing time. We haven't even seen what Jesus can do in a city shirt yet and he might turn out to be a better player than Sanchez. I trust our signings and believe they'll become great players with enough forbearance. I think you saying we won't win titles without players like Sanchez is premature considering we're halfway through our first season with Pep, have a bit of patience.

I couldn't agree less. Our club has put it's faith in the players we've invested in and vice versa. If we were to bring in Sanchez who does he replace? He'd be a guaranteed starter and that means lack of game time for the players we have previously spent big money on for his position. Why should they lose out on reaching their potential, or ruin the club's long term plan because someone we want our wingers to play like becomes available? That's totally backwards. I'd agree if we hadn't bought Sane and Jesus, but we have and those positions that Sanchez would play in have been filled. You seem to have written Sane off already because he's only scored one goal this season despite being young, moving to a different country and needing time to settle in. He needs a consistent run of games to become the player he can be and singing a big name like Sanchez that would hamper his playing time. We haven't even seen what Jesus can do in a city shirt yet and he might turn out to be a better player than Sanchez. I trust our signings and believe they'll become great players with enough forbearance. I think you saying we won't win titles without players like Sanchez is premature considering we're halfway through our first season with Pep, have a bit of patience.

No I've not written off Sane, I think he's excellent for his age, as is Sterling, as is G.Jesus, as is iheancho. But Id bet serious money that maybe only one or two of them becomes a City superstar. We've had dozens of good young players through the years, how many became a superstar? What other club has dominated with this youth philosphy of only sticking with young players. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many succesful teams, Utd, Ajax, Barca maybe. But even these teams bought top players in.

Even Barca with Messi, Pedro, Bojan etc who all came through the youth ranks brought in Eto, Villa, Ibra, Suarez, Neymar etc through the years. When have Madrid ever not signed a better player when become available because they had a youngster? All succesful teams sign better players to make the current team better.

Then look at Bayern, bought Gotze, best young talent in the world at the time, it didn't work out. Good job they didn't get rid of Robben or Rib. Shapiris another, a world class youngster come to very little.
Inter just bought this Gabigol from Brazil, can't get in the team, now he's going back to Brazil. There's been countless times this has happened in history.

We've got 4 very good U21 players, 2 wingers, 2 forwards. I hope they're the future but I'm saying history tells us they probably all won't be. It would be ridiculous to say we won't sign anyone else in these positions because we have these young players and we want them to play now as they may become superstars but odds won't. Then risk loosing out on top class players to our rivals. It's a bad game plan investing everything in potential, it has to be a mixture of potential and in peak now players.

In addition to this Sanchez can play as a forward, when has 4 forwards been too many for a club? I seem to remember us having 4 forwards both times we won the league, all played, and all scored.

I may be proved wrong but I think Sanchez (and his agent) will use us to get what he wants at Arsenal. Arse might let Ozil go - given his in and out form but I cant see them letting Sanchez leave and they will give him enough to get him to sign on for 3 more years.

I may be proved wrong but I think Sanchez (and his agent) will use us to get what he wants at Arsenal. Arse might let Ozil go - given his in and out form but I cant see them letting Sanchez leave and they will give him enough to get him to sign on for 3 more years.

That is most likely the case but with Arsenal appearing to completely bottle it again, on top on Wenger's uncertain future, it does appear to leave the door ajar.

That's true. Chelsea decided to bring in Samuel Eto'o instead of keeping Romelu Lukaku for example, and kept 36 year old Lampard instead of Kevin De Bruyne - and that worked out so well for them.

If we sign Sanchez, we've massively fucked up in the transfer market again. Because it means we will end up selling one of Sané, Sterling or G. Jesus, because we will not keep those 3 plus Aguero and Sanchez happy.

And if we wanted Sanchez, or a player who could deliver instantly, why blow £150m on young wingers instead.

Keeping Aguero happy might depend on how Guardiola judges him by end of season.

This is simple. We go for him. Arsenal then have to either let him go or put a bomb in their wage structure to keep him. If he stays on high wages , watch the house of cards collapse as every player and auntie try to renegotiate thier shite contracts. It's a win win for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.