Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis Sanchez is to you what Lemar is to us. They both create luxury depth in the current squads respectively.

Your depth is better than ours so Lemar is more important for us in that respect. But like us you have other pressing positions to sort out mainly at full back.
Strange user name for an arsenal fan?

You're right, you wasn't far off both us and Liverpool but everybody in the league bar Chelsea and Spurs until they lost at West Ham and gave up was poor. Chelsea, City and United all had new managers and was expected to suffer from transition and all did at various stages, Chelsea just less than everyone else and United considerably more. Arsenal have had the same guy for 20 years, it was there for the taking. With a more settled squad and them more used to the managers style and tactics you can only speculate that all 3 of those teams will substantially improve and that's before player reinforcements.

I know next to nothing on Kolasinac in truth so i won't judge him but you're at least trying to rectify the weakness, lets assume he's solid enough and capable, Bellerin on the opposite side is very good too, Koscielny i think is vastly overrated but he's comfortably good enough but alongside him? All of your options seem quite weak, Mertesacker will have his uses in certain games against certain opposition but his pace and tank like turning circle leaves him very vulnerable against tricky strikers, Gabriel and Mustafi aren't up to scratch by a long shot. Holding can seemingly do a job but as a backup not as a starting centre back. So there's definite need for a couple of signings in defence. Midfield is your biggest problem though imo. I don't see a single player good enough to be a starter for a title winning side.

I fully understand why we are written off before a ball is kicked at the start of each year. Until we've shown we can last the distance everyone is right to be sceptical of us. However, obviously as a biased fan, we look to take some positives out the season before, to give us hope for the season ahead. And despite it being seen as a disaster there are things we can cling on to in the hope it helps us going forward.

We had an almighty collapse during the season, but actually ended up with one of our best points totals in the past decade. So there is obviously scope to improve on it further. Because of the turmoil, and the perceived shambles of a season, people forget that it was a 1 point gap to 4th place.

Obviously our form with the formation change gives something to work on for the new season as well. We of course don't know how it will work long term if we choose to play it, but I feel it does hide some of our weaknesses that we often get criticised for. The extra centre back adds a bit of physicality we lack, (Kolosanic will also help with that). The extra body at the back also helped cover for the weakness in centre midfield, and it looked as if Xhaka and Ramsey were forming a promising partnership as they could concentrate individually on what they are good at.

I think like most other clubs,if we keep our best players and add quality to the ones we have, we have just as much right to be optimistic as anyone else about next season. I go into it with my eyes fully open though, more in hope than expectation until proven otherwise.

I fully understand why we are written off before a ball is kicked at the start of each year. Until we've shown we can last the distance everyone is right to be sceptical of us. However, obviously as a biased fan, we look to take some positives out the season before, to give us hope for the season ahead. And despite it being seen as a disaster there are things we can cling on to in the hope it helps us going forward.

We had an almighty collapse during the season, but actually ended up with one of our best points totals in the past decade. So there is obviously scope to improve on it further. Because of the turmoil, and the perceived shambles of a season, people forget that it was a 1 point gap to 4th place.

Obviously our form with the formation change gives something to work on for the new season as well. We of course don't know how it will work long term if we choose to play it, but I feel it does hide some of our weaknesses that we often get criticised for. The extra centre back adds a bit of physicality we lack, (Kolosanic will also help with that). The extra body at the back also helped cover for the weakness in centre midfield, and it looked as if Xhaka and Ramsey were forming a promising partnership as they could concentrate individually on what they are good at.

I think like most other clubs,if we keep our best players and add quality to the ones we have, we have just as much right to be optimistic as anyone else about next season. I go into it with my eyes fully open though, more in hope than expectation until proven otherwise.
but come January you could have 11 players on your books who have actually signed for other clubs on free transfers, and not just deadwood,from the outside looking in arsenal are in a bit of a mess.

I started supporting Arsenal in 03 and that was down to my uncle.

Yes lads, you can support a team without living in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.