Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not happening IMO. We'll sell Roberts (or loan him) if he wants to play 30/40 games. He won't get them at City next season. I appreciate that there's a lot of excitement at the loan spell that he's had, but I can only reiterate that with Nolito and Navas leaving (and Kelechi), and Pep's comments about buying goals, it's almost impossible that Roberts is the only attacking addition we make.

I think we'd be daft to sell him. There's far too much ceiling there, and we could really regret in in a year or two.

I think we should rotate him in and if the football isn't there, loan him to a prem team in Jan. But I'd be fuming if he is sold.

That's not happening IMO. We'll sell Roberts (or loan him) if he wants to play 30/40 games. He won't get them at City next season. I appreciate that there's a lot of excitement at the loan spell that he's had, but I can only reiterate that with Nolito and Navas leaving (and Kelechi), and Pep's comments about buying goals, it's almost impossible that Roberts is the only attacking addition we make.

For what it's worth I don't think it will happen either, I just think he's in a really awkward position where if we bring in a great player like Sanchez he's not going to play at all, and if we don't get a big name attacking signing he'll play too much (or rather we'll be forced to rely on him too much) and it makes it almost impossible to see him in the side next season.

I think we'd be daft to sell him. There's far too much ceiling there, and we could really regret in in a year or two.

I think we should rotate him in and if the football isn't there, loan him to a prem team in Jan. But I'd be fuming if he is sold.

Personally I think he needs to play at a slightly lower level to ours to prove himself. In an ideal world we'd send him to somewhere like Girona now they're a La Liga side to get first team experience in a more competitive league than Scotland. Failing that I'd be looking to sides like Southampton/Everton if they were interested in a loan.

The Scotland experience has been good and he's obviously got talent, but it's not enough IMO to bring him back to our first team.

Personally I think he needs to play at a slightly lower level to ours to prove himself. In an ideal world we'd send him to somewhere like Girona now they're a La Liga side to get first team experience in a more competitive league than Scotland. Failing that I'd be looking to sides like Southampton/Everton if they were interested in a loan.

The Scotland experience has been good and he's obviously got talent, but it's not enough IMO to bring him back to our first team.

Yeah Everton & Southampton are good shouts. I still wouldn't be against holding on to him until the Jan window and getting him some sub appearances/carling cup games etc.

If we're not going to give a chance to a player like Roberts we might as well scrap the Academy.

If we're not going to give a chance to a player like Roberts we might as well scrap the Academy.

That's just it, he's likely to be offered a chance as squad depth and a bench player, but that's likely not enough for him and not exactly conducive to his development into a player who could walk into our starting XI.

That old chestnut. Haha. Rest assured that the purpose of the academy is as much about revenue generation as it is about generating players for the first team. Notwithstanding that Roberts is ABSOLUTELY NOT a product of our academy which makes your post even less relevant.

Any academy player is going to need to prove themselves we aren't going to go into a season relying on whether a player can make that jump. Most will need to improve, and prove themselves on loan probably at a better level than Scotland. Very few will be good enough to get into the first team direct from the academy or their first season loan. How may loans did Kane need ?

Wouldn't mind him playing under Eddie Howe.

That old chestnut. Haha. Rest assured that the purpose of the academy is as much about revenue generation as it is about generating players for the first team. Notwithstanding that Roberts is ABSOLUTELY NOT a product of our academy which makes your post even less relevant.

My big fear with Roberts(and I'm a fan) is that he's looked great under Rodgers. If there's one thing Rodgers is famous for, it's making wide players look amazing in his system. Scott Sinclair consistently looks good in his set ups. Raheem looked far, far better in it than he did under Pellers. There were others at Swansea too. So with that evidence in mind I'm fearful he's looking better in a system than he truly is right now. But the quality is definitely there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.