Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think you have an offer on the table if I'm honest.
I really don't think Arsenal are willing to let him go on a free next season. Maybe the Gooners are busy putting together a new contract with a tidy signing on fee; who knows. If he's going to move for a relatively big fee, then it really needs to be this season, because he's not getting any younger. Another couple of seasons at Arsenal and he'll be pushing 31 and on the downward slope.

I really don't think Arsenal are willing to let him go on a free next season. Maybe the Gooners are busy putting together a new contract with a tidy signing on fee; who knows. If he's going to move for a relatively big fee, then it really needs to be this season, because he's not getting any younger. Another couple of seasons at Arsenal and he'll be pushing 31 and on the downward slope.

I do agree, this is the last summer for him to make a big move. That's why its imperative we keep him. £60m is honestly nothing to us. It wouldn't allow us to improve the current squad or anything, we'd simply just buy Mahrez for 40-50m as a replacement which isn't good enough despite Mahrez' obvious talents.

"Bayern Munich have balked at the figures involved for Sánchez but Paris Saint-Germain are still in play, even if it might be smarter for them to wait until January – at least for financial reasons. Sánchez, though, has his mind made up and it is set on Manchester City, where he would be reunited with Pep Guardiola, the manager who took him from his first European club, Udinese, to Barcelona in 2011.

Arsenal are not convinced Guardiola wants him, that City’s interest is concrete. They have noted how Guardiola started Sánchez in only 20 of the 38 La Liga matches during their one season together at Barcelona, although Sánchez did suffer from various fitness problems."

Extract from the recent guardian post on the situation. PSG still in play apparently...

Next question is....does she like London or Manchester!;) We've all seen how much say these women have on these transfers!;)

Arsenal‏ @ffarsenalfc
Alexis Sanchez has found a woman! This is a sad day for Atom & Humber..

DEhdgb8XkAA-SSj.jpg

1:55 AM - 12 Jul 2017

I'm sure that Elsie from Crouch End...

For all the flappers out there a few big bets been placed on him joining the rags 33s into 6/1!!!!?

I don't like to stick my head above the parapet because of the flapper tag but here goes ... the longer it goes on, the more I believe he's instructed his agent to manufacture a bidding war to drive up the Arsenal contract offer. At 28 going on 29 this is potentially his last big contract in Europe.

Arsenal are theoretically in the best position to offer him a whopping contract because they don't have to lay out a big fee to get him. In a year that advantage will be gone but in that year Sanchez could also suffer a career ending injury, so Arsenal have the leverage of offering certainty a year ahead of anyone else, if they say they'll decline to accept any transfer bid.

If Sanchez's priority was to play for City under Pep he'd have put in a transfer request. He's not done, possibly because that would mean he'd sacrifice some sort of loyalty bonus. Regardless, this is a clear demonstration that money is at least as significant a factor in his decision as footballing ambition.

For all the flappers out there a few big bets been placed on him joining the rags 33s into 6/1!!!!?

If they'll pay Mino 40m for Pogba then they'll sure as shit pay close to 90m for Sanchez. I'd consider firing at 6/1 as a value bet to be honest but I don't think they take $.

I don't like to stick my head above the parapet because of the flapper tag but here goes ... the longer it goes on, the more I believe he's instructed his agent to manufacture a bidding war to drive up the Arsenal contract offer. At 28 going on 29 this is potentially his last big contract in Europe.

Arsenal are theoretically in the best position to offer him a whopping contract because they don't have to lay out a big fee to get him. In a year that advantage will be gone but in that year Sanchez could also suffer a career ending injury, so Arsenal have the leverage of offering certainty a year ahead of anyone else, if they say they'll decline to accept any transfer bid.

If Sanchez's priority was to play for City under Pep he'd have put in a transfer request. He's not done, possibly because that would mean he'd sacrifice some sort of loyalty bonus. Regardless, this is a clear demonstration that money is at least as significant a factor in his decision as footballing ambition.
True, and to be brutally honest I won't shed a tear if we don't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.