Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just a game, Arsenal and Wenger cannot lose face, Sanchez will end up requesting to go, Sanchez will not lose out on loyalty bonus, by asking to go he engineer's the move, we get what we want,we will then simply make up his shortfall, this will be peanuts in terms of the whole value of the deal

in all seriousness, isn't that the point?

you sell your best players, we don't.
we are fortunate enough to be able to keep ours and add more.

that's the main difference between the clubs and why a lot of us blues don't currently see you as rivals.

don't get me wrong, i like how wenger tries to play footy,
but you took a gamble in order to extend your stadium and in the long run it has left you a bit behind others.

In all seriousness, who do you see as your rivals, just Chelsea & that's it?

As said before, he could be the difference when it comes to qualifying for the champions league, that's the £50m back for Arsenal straight away. Plus, he might then sign a new contract. Wenger having a gamble (hopefully), something he has never done before, but now the stadium is all paid off, we are seeeing a new approach.

New stadium isn't paid off mate, its just less of a factor now. ;-)

Unfortunately the odds continue to drift - you can get 7/4 on him joining CITY - was big odds-on recently.

Still that is only reflecting bets that have been placed - PSG are into 2/1 and I do not think that he is going there

Last edited:
In all seriousness, who do you see as your rivals, just Chelsea & that's it?

New stadium isn't paid off mate, its just less of a factor now. ;-)
For the last 6 years or so I would say only United and Chelsea (despite United being pretty shit in that time) as they have the financial might and ambition to win it all wheras Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool don't. Mark my words with Lacazette in the door and Arsenal chasing Lemar you are already planning for Sanchez leaving and anything verbally said in the press is just brinkmanship to get the best price.

For the last 6 years or so I would say only United and Chelsea (despite United being pretty shit in that time) as they have the financial might and ambition to win it all wheras Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool don't. Mark my words with Lacazette in the door and Arsenal chasing Lemar you are already planning for Sanchez leaving and anything verbally said in the press is just brinkmanship to get the best price.

That's how wenger does business. It should be far more of a shock if he stays because there's no president for it.

Not this crap again. We are getting rid of Navas, Nolito and Kelechi who played something like 30 full Premier League games between them last season and are replacing them with one player.

Likewise in midfield we are looking to offload Fernando and Delph and have brought in one player in Bernardo. Yaya has accepted a reduced roll for this season.

Everyone will get a lot of game time but instead of having to watch donkeys playing when Aguero gets injured we can now watch great players.

Yaya has accepted a reduced roll for this season

Bit of a gamble considering how much he kicked off over his cake not being big enough?

If Sanchez does go to PSG the worst part of it for my mind is that "fam" and "blud" and all the clowns on Arsenal Fan TV will claim some sort of victory. Our "rival" wanted him and we didn't sell there! Of course weeks before, per Mr DT et al, he was going to be renewing his deal, etc.

City seem to have that money budgeted. So if Sanchez to PSG that doesn't really upset me too much. Would seem to make Mbappe more likely. And far less likelihood of selling Aguero. Still wouldn't imagine Aguero to Chelsea under any circumstances, but Madrid is always lurking out there obviously.

To be honest, i judge rivalry on sporting achievements rather than money spent. That's why i class everyone in the top 6 as a rival. I don't see anyone probably bar Chelsea that has massively outperformed over the past few years.

I don't buy the argument about us having an advantage because we aren't changing managers consistently. The shelf life for a top manager nowadays is about 3 years, & everyone thinks Wenger is holding us back anyway apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.