Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Ric. I said before that I genuinely think Wenger wanted to keep the Ox, Sanchez and Ozil and in his delusion I think he thought he could get at least 2 of them to sign new contracts.

I think the implosion that was the Liverpool game opened his eyes, and after some harsh words and soul searching reality hit him, and that's when Arsenal became open to negotiation for wantaway players.

The Liverpool game opened up our end for selling, but ironically the manner of defeat made it harder for us to replace, so it became a catch 22 situation.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Many were saying Lacazette was the replacement, well if that was the case we just would have sold. Many said we were playing a game for our fans and waiting until we couldn't replace, again we would have just sold. Therefore I think its obvious it was kind of last minute, hence we would only sell if we could replace.

Im not sure it was a deliberate act of stringing along either. Don't underestimate how incompetent our transfer negotiation team are.

You are much closer to what goes on at your club so I am inclined to think you are right on this. No offence but I call it arrogant stupidity on your club's part.

It would be a disaster, but much less so if we had landed Sanchez and a decent CB.

Sammy Lee said throughout the window that "Sanchez was our number one target".

I am sure many will try and put a positive spin on it but Pep must be disappointed. Our PL and CL rivals will be delighted.

Good management involves adequate planning against possible disaster scenarios, even if they are considered unlikely.
My personal opinion is that a top CB was more important than Sanchez but I know Pep obviously didn't see it that way. Truth is if we did get a transfer ban we'd be in some bother in a few areas.

are you thick? Sanchez is a prolific finisher no one except jesus,aguero and maybe KDB are prolific finishers, just because he made an assist against faroe islands doesn't mean he's going to carry us ffs

Are you silly? He's still gonna send it dude

Pretty fair assessment but the only way it works out for Arsenal is if Sanchez has a brilliant season guiding Arsenal to the top 4. I can't see it though and it means Arsenal will have to replace Sanchez, possibly Ozil and Chamberlain next summer but without the £60m that Sanchez would have sold for.

You are much closer to what goes on at your club so I am inclined to think you are right on this. No offence but I call it arrogant stupidity on your club's part.

I totally agree with you both. I think most Arsenal fans as well realised after Liverpool (if they didn't already think so) it would be best probably to start again. I don't think anything our board and negotiating team do surprise us now.

We are now left clinging on to the hope that somehow Wenger can pull everyone else together to at least muster a top 4 challenge, which to be fair, he has brought us back from the brink a few times in his tenure. If not it's been a shambles, both on the park and from a business point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.