Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right, no worries as we've got about 40 academy players who will be as good as Sanchez ...
Who? Matondo, Nmecha and Diaz are the only wingers/strikers I think can be a regular starter in our first team in the future. (From U18 and U23)

Manchester City pulled out of any negotiations on Sunday night. To illustrate how tough Arsenal have been, it is understood that they did initially ask for Anthony Martial plus cash, but that was a non-starter for United. They now want £30m plus Mkhitaryan.

United are still offering the best financial package, and those close to proceedings believe that Sanchez’s attachment to Pep Guardiola has been overplayed, but there is a slight concern at Old Trafford over whether the Chilean might wish to remain in London. Chelsea made their interest known on Monday afternoon, and are willing to capitalise in any breakdown.

from the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-news-manchester-united-arsenal-a8160986.html

For anyone who missed it.

Neville is not considering the big picture here. Of course it isn't about financial muscle, it's about principles and Sanchez's demands. A player who hardly has the best statistics this season, at 29 years old, shouldn't command wages that surpasses our best players, KdB for instance.

Remember Guardiola mentioned a couple weeks back he wouldn't sign anyone to "upset the squad"? This is what he's talking about.

At the end of day, simply put, Guardiola knows Sanchez, and doesn't think he's worth the money or the trouble.

I think it’s a smart move all round by City to publicly “pull out of the race”
It tells the rest of the world, players and agents, that we won’t be held to ransom.
Sit back and see what happens.

I'm curious to see who this backup target is that Mullock mentioned a while back. Obviously I'm gutted about Alexis, but we'll certainly have a backup though I'm not sure if it'll be feasible in January with so little time remaining.

On a side note, we were told Jesus will be back in a fortnight so the need for Sanchez isn’t as great. He’s just posted a video of him beating Mendy on Fifa and still has his knee in a brace and is using crutches.

I’m no doctor but surely you can’t go from needing crutches to playing in 2 weeks can you with that injury? Even back to training in 2 weeks?

Made this point before, it will likely be a good few weeks before he is match fit. Really can’t see him being ready in 2/3 weeks.

Fk me, this isn't over yet? Even Chelsea's getting in on this.

Whilst I am sure the rags wanted him this all smacks of the small mans mind games as well. Beat us to Sanchez cast some doubt in the clubs/Peps mind so predictable. So really pleased that Conte has also joined in the mind games now let’s see what happens.

I'm curious to see who this backup target is that Mullock mentioned a while back. Obviously I'm gutted about Alexis, but we'll certainly have a backup though I'm not sure if it'll be feasible in January with so little time remaining.

Still over a couple of weeks left. Personally I'd rather wait until the Summer unless we can get the right player in.

Manchester City pulled out of any negotiations on Sunday night. To illustrate how tough Arsenal have been, it is understood that they did initially ask for Anthony Martial plus cash, but that was a non-starter for United. They now want £30m plus Mkhitaryan.

United are still offering the best financial package, and those close to proceedings believe that Sanchez’s attachment to Pep Guardiola has been overplayed, but there is a slight concern at Old Trafford over whether the Chilean might wish to remain in London. Chelsea made their interest known on Monday afternoon, and are willing to capitalise in any breakdown.

from the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-news-manchester-united-arsenal-a8160986.html

Here we go never really wanted to play for Pep. He has had posters of the little man on his walls for years.

Made this point before, it will likely be a good few weeks before he is match fit. Really can’t see him being ready in 2/3 weeks.

I suspect Jesus will be out for much longer than this and 2/3 weeks was used as leverage with any Sanchez negations.

If we don't get anyone in up top in this window it will be interesting to see how we line up. Sterling/Silva used in the middle maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.