Alien or Aliens

HR Giger responsible for the set design for Alien, he’s produced some crazy artwork in his time. If you look at how special effects build environments for films these days, everything back in 1979 would have been built from the ground up to make the film, the attention to detail and size of it all is impressive.

IMG_3306.jpeg
Giger did this album cover.

To my eternal shame, I actually quite enjoyed Alien vs Predator and I wasn’t on my own…

To my eternal shame, I actually quite enjoyed Alien vs Predator and I wasn’t on my own…

Agreed but the sequel is the biggest pile of Pooh ever.

The tension in the first is amazing and sets up the franchise. The scary thing is they were scientists and speicalists but were a bit green for what they were to come up against.
Aliens was my favourite just for the dark ans military aspect. It was an instant classic.

Never enjoyed any of the other movies as much.... Prometheus was fairly good.

Aliens. Great cast. Ripley & Newt adds something to it for me.

Shame about Alien 3. It was a good story, good director. It just goes so wrong, due to studio interference. At the end, the original idea was there would be thousands of Corporation Soldiers descend en masse, similair scale to the Sardaukar scenes in the recent Dune movie. But the studio wanted production over and done half way through, so we ended up with six stuntmen in boiler suits looking hopeless.
Alien3 is an interesting one- huge studio interface and David Fincher (director) getting completely fucked over.
He refused to talk about that film for years.
He once famously said that ‘no one hates that film more than me’.

However he seems to have chilled on it recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.