Amy

Just watched it with my 24 year old lad. He was transfixed all the way through, changed his opinion completely about her, and wants to batter that utter bellend Blake. Can't understand why her Dad didn't, and to be honest, as a father neither can I, cash cow or not.

But what a voice she had, tragic waste of talent, and life.

Not just the press but a number of 'comedy' sketches on TV that were far from funny, from people who claim to be 'in touch'

Yes, the comments from the likes of Jay Leno, Graham Norton and Frankie Boyle look pretty callous now. I guess that's the nature of some types of comedy though: anyone is a target.

At the time she was still alive, albeit clearly pretty fucked up. Now that she's passed away those comments seem a bit more sinister, but at a base level are they any different to jokes made about, say, Keith Richards?

Obviously what subsequently happened to her changes our perception with hindsight, but there are clear similarities at the time they were making the jokes: namely mocking a rock star with a nihilistic lifestyle.

Not that I've got any great inclination to defend Leno, Norton or Boyle mind you.

I think that it is particularly difficult to watch this as a parent. How can you possibly see her like this and not want to protect her? I feel she was completely let down by those around her. There's a few people contributing to this documentary who need to take a long hard look at themselves, acknowledging that this is just one editors view.

Last edited:
Superb watch. No one should have to go through that. It was inevitably tragic because whilst we can blame those who piggy backed her, her closest friends tried everything and it wasn't enough.

Our media are truly shameful but it gets bought so what does it say about us?

Always thought her a bit of a bellend to be honest. Worth a watch then?
I had the same opinion, but after watching the doc I have a total different opinion and as @Ric said the Bf/husband and father will have to live with the guilt of how they contributed to her downfall and death. Such a shame is my opinion now.

being a father of 3 girls, il tell you what, id of given that blake a right going over, not encouraging violence or anything but the way he clearly got her into the smack and stuff, her father should of done the right thing and twated the ****, waste of a talent, thats for sure

Watched this recently. Was never a huge fan of hers at the time, but wow what a voice - that acoustic song she does at the record studio is sensational.

As has been said, the men in her life need a good smack, and no Blake, not that kind.

A great talent and a bright young woman, completely rinsed and dried by leeches and vampires and scorned by clueless rubberneckers.

In the words of Shaun Ryder: 'You can get so big that they nail you to a piece of wood'.

She was no idiot - she was strong-willed and I suspect if she was looking on now she would be the one taking responsibility rather then those around her.

The often destructive force that is unconditional love.

So if you can sing a bit but are a bit of a piss head/smack head then terrible waste, if not then you are a waster and no one cares, tragedy because she didn't sound like a drowned cat in the shower

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.