Andre Schurrle

Jack Wills said:
If Chelsea don't think he's good enough to keep, why is he good enough for us?

We need to overtake Chelsea not buy their cast offs.

He just doesn't fit in Mourinho's system of defending. Offensively he's better than Willian, but Mou doesn't trust him in defensive situations. He let Milner slip past him when he slotted in the pass that Lampard scored. It doesn't mean he's a bad player. Mourinho is just demands a lot from his attacking players defensively.

Larry Stranger said:
Jaxite said:
Another Navas type player ok but never good enough for starting 11

This guy is much better than Navas as scoring goals. I'd take him if we couldn't get Reus. None of our midfielders can score which is something we are missing at the moment. Mourinho would inflate the price though.

None of our midfielders can score? Thought I'd read somewhere that Lampard and Yaya have scored 2 or 3 times in their career.

Larry Stranger said:
Jack Wills said:
If Chelsea don't think he's good enough to keep, why is he good enough for us?

We need to overtake Chelsea not buy their cast offs.

He just doesn't fit in Mourinho's system of defending. Offensively he's better than Willian, but Mou doesn't trust him in defensive situations. He let Milner slip past him when he slotted in the pass that Lampard scored. It doesn't mean he's a bad player. Mourinho is just demands a lot from his attacking players defensively.
This is succinctly accurate. I really like Schurrle and when he's on song he looks brilliant. He tends to work in bursts. He'll have a dry streak for a few weeks then suddenly net a hattrick. His all round game is solid but his big weakness is in tracking his man in defence as Jose demands. Not from lack of trying, he's just not defensively astute by any description. His strength lies in his striker-like movement. He can make some excellent runs from wide and often gets himself into scoring positions, it just depends on whether he's in a purple patch or not to capitalise on it.

He's a very likeable player and busts a gut every time he's on the pitch. Unfortunately he's been suffering from a reoccurring illness this season which has largely kept him out of the side, or I'm sure he'd have featured more (with more goals to his name). Apparently Dortmund are interesting in getting him to replace Reus. If that means Reus comes here I'll be able to live with it. As far as City goes, I don't think he's at the level you seem to want to address that position. I'm a fan, but he's nowhere near the WC wingers out there.

Schurrle would be a great signing for City if they could get him for around 20 million. He is a good attacking player that can play on either wing and he is only 24 so his best years are still ahead of him. While he wouldn't make the first 11 better he definitely improve the team as a whole. He is the type of player Real and Bayern have that they can bring off the bench late in games and also gives them flexibility with regards to their formation.

so we've gone from wishing for Sanchez and Di maria to settling on Schrurrle? What next, Reus goes to chelsea and we get schurrle.

Very good player, but Jose doesn't like players that don't do as much defensively as going forward (see Mata). I think he could do a job for us.

If it was as well as Reus then yes, but not instead, A front 3 of Reus Aguero and Schurrle, with Silva pulling the strings would be up there with the best.

No thanks, we should be in a position financially this summer to get the very best money can buy in this position and Schurrle is a long way of that. Plus, if it's us looking to buy him the price would double.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.