Andrea Pirlo

sam-caddick

Contract runs out in the summer, would you have him? I would.

I don't care how old this guy is the man is simply still one of the best midfield maestros in work football today, any team would sign him on a free if they could.

If there is one position other than width that we struggle with it is a midfielder who sits on the half way line and pings balls around fun and breaks play up when needed.

I honestly believe this guy can go on way into his 40's.

Thoughts?

Pirlo’s contract is up in the summer and he is yet to make up his mind over his future beyond the end of the season.

The Italian added: “I was told by someone that I was wanted in the summer. It was pleasing given my age, but I chose to stay.

“I still have a year to go on my contract and then we’ll see.

“I’ll continue playing for as long as I feel like it.

“I’ve got no plan. I just think about objectives — to win again with Juventus and target the World Cup for Italy.”

Would be a great signing , along the lines of vieras role a few years ago. With an option to coach in the academy set up after he retires might not be a bad shout either.

J3SUS said:
Would be a great signing , along the lines of vieras role a few years ago. With an option to coach in the academy set up after he retires might not be a bad shout either.

Never thought about the coaching side of it, good shout.

The thought of our academy midfielders being taught their trade by Viera and Pirlo is just too existing the put into words.

City, get it done please.

I have no doubts, as long as his contract did not financially hamper us too much if he was not a success, however with a player of Pirlo's undoubted quality, I cannot see him being anything but a success. One of my favourite players in Italy, for Italy and probably of all time.

Oh deer god yes. He is exactly what we are craving in terms of a deep liying midfielder with great distribution. Age be damned, He is a genius.

Will continue performing till his 40s, easily imo, a big yes if we can wangle it but wont be easy getting him to leave Italy and a very successful Juventus side

shevtheblue said:
Juve wont let him go, its the biggest mistake milan ever made and they surely wont follow that.

If his contract runs out in the Summer Juventus won't have a say, I suppose they could persuade him to renew.

I guess teams are allowed to contact him now as well.

If he is free then it would be stupid not to in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.