Andros Townsend

Just seeing his name in the transfer forum makes a bit sick come up in the back of my throat.

meangirls.gif~c200

Townsend is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. He was very unlucky not to go to the Euros and he would be an excellent substitute to bring on late in the game. He's fast, direct and can shoot from range something which none of our other wingers can do.

Is he good enough to start for us? The answer is no but if chasing a game and we had the option of Townsend, Navas and Sterling on the bench, then I know which one is the most likely to grab a goal.

It's funny because when we are linked with Gabiel Jesus and Sane then people can get excited by them despite having never seen them play. Yet when we are linked with someone like Townsend its a straight away no he's shit.

He'd be a similar calibre of signing to Delph in the sense of a cheap, decent, English squad player who is capable of putting in a top class performance but nowhere near a regular starter.

It's funny because when we are linked with Gabiel Jesus and Sane then people can get excited by them despite having never seen them play. Yet when we are linked with someone like Townsend its a straight away no he's shit.

That's because we've seen him play.

Not against this signing, if it does happen. Not every signing we make has to be a 40 million pound world class player. Last season the squad was not strong enough, someone like Townsend would be coming in as a squad player who is quick, direct and capable of getting a goal... not a bad thing, especially if players like him allow Pep to set us up how he likes tactically, regardless of the personnel available. If Townsend was the only signing we were going to make I'd be worried... as it stands, if Pep wants him that'll do for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.