"Anfield on big European nights"

Blue Dan said:
kiam06 said:
They don't mention they put about 50 microphones in front of the Kop to make them sound louder than they actually are, its all hype. Anfield is on a par with Bramhall Lane it is a shed.

I was at the Liverpool vs. Real Madrid game at Anfield last year and until then I would have agreed with you. The myth is true, that place is electric on European nights. The only time I've seen us even nearly come close to it at COMS is the Hamburg game last season and we were still a fair way off.

Their crowd is very like ours in my opinion. Loud for big occasions, quiet for others.

Didsbury Dave said:
It's in our interests for them to reach the qualifying rounds. Maybe just scrape through but play badly, ideally.

Yep, want them to stay in as long as possible, preferably in all cups as long as we don't play them. Stretch that 2 man 'squad' to breaking point by March / April...

It might be true the atmosphere on European nights, doesnt mean we have to hear about it all the fooking time...

Its like Clive Tyldesley - you can set your watch by him - as soon as the Rags or the Dippers go a goal down... its all one barmy night in Barcelona and one crazy night in Istanbul... blah blah blah

Blue Dan said:
kiam06 said:
They don't mention they put about 50 microphones in front of the Kop to make them sound louder than they actually are, its all hype. Anfield is on a par with Bramhall Lane it is a shed.

I was at the Liverpool vs. Real Madrid game at Anfield last year and until then I would have agreed with you. The myth is true, that place is electric on European nights. The only time I've seen us even nearly come close to it at COMS is the Hamburg game last season and we were still a fair way off.

Then you have supported my argument, if you think we were close playing Hamburg in the UEFA cup can you imagine if we were playing Real Madrid in The Champions League. Its no achievement to have a good atmosphere in a game like that it should be expected.

nomination for commentator opening line...

"It might have been a beach on Saturday but Liverpool will be looking to have a ball tonight."

TheMightyQuinn said:
I want all the English clubs to have a good run, makes it easier for us trying to finish top 4.

If they did get through to the CL knock outs I think they'd go out, rather they dropped into the Europa league, more their level ;)

Didsbury Dave said:
Godot said:
Sweepstakes on the first person to say it and the time? Along with "special"? Hope they get tonked and then they'll have a massive uphill battle. To be honest I can see Lyon turning them over.

The Scousers have to enjoy it while they can mind. This time next year WE will be having glamour ties in Europe whilst they'll be facing opposition such as Molde and Sturm Graz in the Europa League!

It's in our interests for them to reach the qualifying rounds. Maybe just scrape through but play badly, ideally.
i was thinking exactly the same, perhaps get to the final even, distract them from their poor league campaign and keep their stupid owners interested so they don't sell out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.