Another iPhone thread - Sorry

Not suited for your daughter, but I'm moving jobs and needed a new mobile (for business) and the following was best deal I could find

iPhone 5, 64Gb
Vodafone
Unlimited minutes
Unlimited texts
2Gb data

£99 one off fee (reduced from £229) and then £42 per month.

Through Carphone warehouse

I'll be claiming back the monthly through work, but that considered though it was a good deal.

MCFC-alan88 said:
squirtyflower said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
It all depends on what she'll be doing. I've used about 700mb in three months and most of that was because I had it tethered to my iPad to avoid work filters. What I can say is, I had vodafone before and Wigan/Manchester has "Okay" coverage but o2 has been fantastic.
It's your tethering
An iPad will use up more data

...I'm sure I said this?
Not clearly though *smiles*

You need to ask your daughter some questions.

Find out from her who she texts, who has an iPhone and who doesn't.

Reason I ask is because free text message bundles are a thing of the past and I'd go as far as to say they are nearly irrelevant now if you have an iPhone, or Android phone.

iPhones now use iMessage if its iPhone to iPhone. This is basically free text messages but it uses either your phone's data allowance or the wifi if connected to send the text. If it's iPhone to Android or Blackberry, you can download apps like WhatsApp that you can use for free texting in the same way.

She will only ever send a text message to someone who doesn't have an iPhone or an Android/Blackberry phone. Chances are, that won't be many.

It's important to note this because then you won't be as attached to how many free texts are in a talk plan. I have unlimited texts in my talk plan and probably said 20 a month if that, tho i'll probably send over 2000 iMessages.

Get as much mobile data as possible for the price you are willing to pay, because if she isn't connected to your home (or any other) Wifi, all those imessages are using your data bundle. It doesn't use much, but it adds up.

markbmcfc said:
You need to ask your daughter some questions.

Find out from her who she texts, who has an iPhone and who doesn't.

Reason I ask is because free text message bundles are a thing of the past and I'd go as far as to say they are nearly irrelevant now if you have an iPhone, or Android phone.

iPhones now use iMessage if its iPhone to iPhone. This is basically free text messages but it uses either your phone's data allowance or the wifi if connected to send the text. If it's iPhone to Android or Blackberry, you can download apps like WhatsApp that you can use for free texting in the same way.

She will only ever send a text message to someone who doesn't have an iPhone or an Android/Blackberry phone. Chances are, that won't be many.

It's important to note this because then you won't be as attached to how many free texts are in a talk plan. I have unlimited texts in my talk plan and probably said 20 a month if that, tho i'll probably send over 2000 iMessages.

Get as much mobile data as possible for the price you are willing to pay, because if she isn't connected to your home (or any other) Wifi, all those imessages are using your data bundle. It doesn't use much, but it adds up.

You need to be careful with this, if it's green it's classed as a Text message (you pay for it - or not depending on bundle) If it's blue, it's classed as an iMessage and has gone over WiFi. IIRC, neither class as Data Usage.

The Pink Panther said:
Is this a decent deal?

Provider Vodafone
Brand new iPhone 4 8G (no fee)
250mg Mobile internet
300 mins
Unlimited texts
£25.50 per month

Know these off the top of my head because I work for EE. Appears to be a better offer than Vodafone mate

Orange -
iPhone 4 8gb
250mb data
unlimited mins
unlimited txt
£26 a month

T-Mobile-
iPhone 4 8gb
unlimited data
unlimited txt
500mins

tommcfc said:
The Pink Panther said:
Is this a decent deal?

Provider Vodafone
Brand new iPhone 4 8G (no fee)
250mg Mobile internet
300 mins
Unlimited texts
£25.50 per month

Know these off the top of my head because I work for EE. Appears to be a better offer than Vodafone mate

Orange -
iPhone 4 8gb
250mb data
unlimited mins
unlimited txt
£26 a month

T-Mobile-
iPhone 4 8gb
unlimited data
unlimited txt
500mins

Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.