Another Toffee Target?

good player - should score and create more but for a technical player i've never seen anyone work harder. if bellamy goes he'll be a decent replacement for u boys. Would link really well with tevez and protect bridge although I'm still hoping something can be sorted on his contract so he'll stay

The good thing about pienaar is that he can cross a ball which is what our current wingers , AJ apart , can't do well enough . Pienaar one wing AJ the other supporting Ibra and tevez upfront whilst yaya toure and gaz baz control the midfield and NDJ working like a pitbull infront of our now steady back four . Now honestly , who wouldn't take that ?

Marvin said:
Quality player. Everton's midfield is a match for any in the country.

Pienaar played in a good Ajax team with Sneijder and Van Der Vaart. If you want a creative player to link up with the forwards who can put his foot in he's as good as any in the Premiership.

Always impresses me when I see him play.

Of course I have no idea if there's any truth in the link, but he is unsettled at Everton, and I'd be very happy if he came to City

Me too Pienaar is very very good, don't think I saw too many better last season in the role he was asked to play, defo top three.

Pienaar is proven at this level has got considerable experience at the European level and Internationally, ticks all the boxes that I would have, if I was trying to move the club forward in safe, gradual and measured way, this for me is almost a guaranteed improvement.

Not better than what we have just different good workrate, more consistent than some, my streetwise than others and more of a team player than some

Everton's midfield is better than ours, their first four already mentioned are good, but they have more diverse options than us at the mo, with Rodwell, Hetinga and the Russian all Prem quality as well as some homegrowns should as Osman and defenders who are adept at playing in the middle. Chance to weaken them further .......good

Plus I like taking players from Everton just for the reaction. Buy him if there is a chance.

keemcfc said:
AJ, Bellamy, SWP, Petrov, Weiss are all miles better than Pienar.

You really think Weiss is better than Pienaar....now? Potential yes, actual playing ability at the moment obviously not, he's 19.

Pienaar would be a good signing IMO. Hopefully Bellamy stays but we still need left sided sqaud replacements for Petrov and Robinho and Pienaar is a hard working player who'd be a good link to the attack for us.

Pienaar and Arteta would improve on what we have and only have a year and 2 years left on their contracts respectively. Rodwell has just signed a long term deal so can see that happening.

Problem is Everton and Moyes are so unproffesional and impossible to deal with.

They expect twice as much as their players are actually worth and any money in to fund the running of the clubs and sign like for like replacements.

Pienaar will run down his contract down imo, he can sign a pre contract agreement for next summer next January so maybe we get him them for nothing.

As for Arteta I think hes a better option than Milner, issues are injuries and how much they would want for him. Arsenal and the rags seem to want him as well.

bluemoon32 said:
Sabster said:
Both arteta and pienaar are not good enough for us. I pray this is just idle speculation.

Have you seen the state of our midfield ?

Yes, and it does need improovement but neither arteta or pienaar are the right men to do it. Arteta is slow, can't beat a man and doesn't score enough goals. Pienaar works hard that is it and is 28. There are soo many better YOUNGER players that would make such a greater difference.

lionheart said:
Sabster said:
Both arteta and pienaar are not good enough for us. I pray this is just idle speculation.
With all due respect, you are talking out of your arse. Arteta is much better than any midfielder presently on our books. Indeed, only Fabregas is better than him in the league right now.

Gareth barry is better than arteta and Ireland is aswell.

Everton's success has been from playing tight boring defensive football with the whole team working hard. I really hope we don't end up like that.

great player that he is piennaar i would much prefer the fuzzy haired cnut ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.