Anti depressants..

Not going to touch the last few posts - but OP, if you're still reading, I've taken several SSRIs on and off throughout my life for anxiety. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Obviously consult your doctor, but know each medicine has side effects and benefits that vary by individual. The trick is finding the right prescription/dosage that works for you. Just go in knowing it'll take some time and no medicine is a complete magical cure all.

I was a big drinker and much of that was because of anxiety, i drank that much it nearly killed me.

i took cognitive behavioural therapy about 4 years ago which seemed to help, done some voluntary work which helped massively even though it takes me a while to come out of my shell. I now have a job from home which has it's advantages and disadvantages, the main (disadvantage) one being i'd rather be around people as it would help me massively.

Everyone is different, whatever helps and is right for you, you will get the benefits but it will take time.

This too is complete bullshit. If your mental illness is caused by a chemical imbalance, drugs are actually the fucking cure you twit.

Who the fuck are you to be calling a twit? I was talking about depression and not giving medical advice but my own personal experience but you steam in and offer out abuse and your own sage advice like you're doctor fuckin Dr. Quinn Medicine woman. You might try a pill of your own and chill the fuck out. Prick.

I help run a mental health center... and deal with some of my own demons.
The right meds can be a critical part of the equation for finding peace and mental health... daily habits, friends, relationships, work, activities, thinking patterns, the relative performance of Cirty and United, the election of cockwombles To public office...all factor into the equation too. Weight gain and libido changes are possible... but those tend to result from meds that aren’t working ideally for you. Also.. once you feel capable of facing the day and making healthy choices, the chemical impact on your weight and libido can be significantly outweighed by your new life choices. In summary... think of anti depressants and all mental health medication as useful tools. Do use them as prescribed by a professional. And think of them as just one component of your mental health.

That’s how I use them. Help me fall asleep after multi-day drinking or single night pills/coke. Nice audiobook on sleep timer. They shit all over Horlicks.

Yes Horlicks is very overrated

I strongly suggest you discuss with your Doctor the possibility of switching from Citalopram (Celexa) to Escitalopram (Lexapro). The are largely the same drug (same company). When Celexa's patent was running out the company released Lexapro. It is the same thing but they isolated a the parts of the drug that were more likely to cause side effects and eliminated it. That part (that they eliminated) does not seem to have any efficacy for depression/anxiety (i.e. they got rid of the stuff in Celexa that didn't help but did cause side effects). If you are on a 40 mg Celexa dose you would take a 20 mg Lexapro dose (half of the drug has been removed). Because it is the same thing you can transition from Celexa to Lexapro seamlessly.

I was on Celexa for a few years. When Lexapro arrived on the scene my shrink moved me to that. It was great. Then my insurance changed and they wouldn't pay for Lexapro so I went back to Celexa. Then my insurance changed again and I am back on Lexapro. My point is you can go back and forth because again...its the same thing.

We put my daughter on Celexa when she was 6 years old (we went with that because it had been around for decades). She recently switched to Lexapro now that she is older (13). Again...its the same thing but without the side affects.

Thank you for the advice.

If the side effects are intolerable in a fortnight’s time, I will mention Escitalopram to my GP. I might mention Wellbutrin too, which is proven to be effective for both ADHD and counteracting some of the effects of SSRIs.

I’m no scientist but I suspect a lot of my problems are dopamine-related.

Thank you for the advice.

If the side effects are intolerable in a fortnight’s time, I will mention Escitalopram to my GP. I might mention Wellbutrin too, which is proven to be effective for both ADHD and counteracting some of the effects of SSRIs.

I’m no scientist but I suspect a lot of my problems are dopamine-related.

Your doc will give you whatever he/she has got in a deal with the salesperson they see every week.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/...e-coming-battle-over-serotonin-and-depression

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.