Anti depressants..

I would encourage you to to discuss Lexapro regardless of your experience with side effects. Consider it this way. YOu are driving a 2000 year model car...for the same price you could be driving the 2018 model. It is very important to talk to your Doctor before making any decisions...BUT Lexapro may be a really really easy way to get past this.

Wellbutrin (and this is just personal expeience so take it as such, does have some side effects--more than many SSRIs--that said it works for many people). Good luck.

Thank you.

Irrespective of how I’m feeling by next Friday, I will mention both Wellbutrin and Escitalopram/Lexapro to my GP.

I guess my concern regarding the latter is the possibility that my brain may respond to it differently to that of Citalopram.

With regards to the apparent animosity between you and Karen, I think you both make valid points and appreciate both of your perspectives.

@Dr Jacoby Karen doesn't like me because I think her opinions about football are ludicrous. She is suggesting you don't listen to me because of that.

This is a bit of a problem and proves my point. Here is a person who doesn't know anything about my experience with this subject telling others to disregard my posts because she doesn't like me.

Everything I said is a fact and can be verified through other means...specifically by your doctor.
Stop being a dick,this is not football,giving out aggression and trying to get him to change meds when he has said it works for him after trying many others is just confusing and may lead to many more problems he doesn't need,be responsible or shut up

Thank you.

Irrespective of how I’m feeling by next Friday, I will mention both Wellbutrin and Escitalopram/Lexapro to my GP.

I guess my concern regarding the latter is the possibility that my brain may respond to it differently to that of Citalopram.

With regards to the apparent animosity between you and Karen, I think you both make valid points and appreciate both of your perspectives.
I can't stand him but this is real life and a serious subject,as a sufferer of many yrs and an ex nurse of 20yrs i am trying to be rational and helpful,aggression should play zero part in this thread,stay doing what you are doing and be guided by your dr who knows you,another bit of good advice i was given is don't worry about things in advance,wait to you are there and then deal with it,i'll bow out now,be interested in how you get on x

You can't throw a cure all blanket on depression or anxiety and it is experienced and thus treated differently by everyone so all the arguing on this thread is pointless and unhelpful.

My advice is fuck the stigma attached to anti-depressants(they're not a sign of weakness) and try them, don't rely on them as the answer though but rather as a safety rope as you (try to)climb out of the hole you're in.
Couldn't agree more with that last sentence. After years of trying to man up I finally went to my gp who, from his own experience prescribed Sertraline. The last 6 months have been virtually symptom free so we have decided to continue the pills for a few more months before starting to get off them. Personally I don't care whether they have been effective or just a placebo, they have helped to save both my sanity and my marriage.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted at the amount of people taking these pills.It would seem their useage has increased and become far more acceptable over recent years.

I'm curious as to the reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.