Any coaches or managers out there?

callumcity

Hi Blues,

I'm in my final year of a Business Management degree and i'm doing my dissertation on leadership styles in football and need to interview some football coaches/ managers (at any level) for my primary research.

I've already got a few people lined up but I need 7 or 8 at least. Any help would be great and it would just be a short set of questions over email. I won't be conducting the interviews for a little while yet but my supervisor keeps nagging me for proof I have willing participants.

If anyone is interested just shoot me a PM or reply on here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You may need to give us a bit more.

Yeah sorry thought i'd keep it brief and explain in depth to those who showed interest.

'An Examination of the Relationship between perceived Leadership Behaviours and their effect on Team Cohesion and Performance in Football' is the working title.

I'm going to try apply leadership styles to football and show their effect on performance (league position, titles, performance relative to budget etc.) and team cohesion (the social and motivational forces that exist between team members). For example, Claudio Ranieri can be considered a Servant leader which in theory breeds a sense of importance, belonging and passion amongst a team which boosts work ethic, productivity and perfomance etc. Though how does it compute with football? Look at the success of Ranieri at Leicester and Simeone at Atletico.

Many other leadership styles can be applied to football, Authoritarian, positional power and coercive etc. (your more traditional, strict managers like SAF) Transformational leadership also, which looks at a manager looking to improve his team members and treat them as equals (pep?).

Anyway i'd be looking to try apply a leadership style(s) to respondents and ask them some related questions to figure out the effect that style has on their players, performance and team cohesion etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.