Any Gas Safe Engineers/Electricians Working On Christmas Eve Morning or Afternoon?

jrb

My combi boiler isn’t working. I’ve got no heat and no hot water.
My sister, who is special needs and has mental health issues is staying with me over Christmas, so I need heating and hot water.(for her)
Long story short.
I’ve got internal damp in the living room. Think it’s coming from the chimney breast?(area)
That’s where the paint on the wall is flaking away. When it rains a lot the downstairs socket lever on the RCD trips and the downstairs sockets stop working. I’ve narrowed it down to 2 sockets either side of the chimney breast.
The downstairs lever on the RCD had tripped, but 1 downstairs socket was still working, it was the TV and combi boiler socket. An electrical cable from the combi boiler goes into the socket.
This evening I plugged an extension cable into the socket and turned on an oil filled radiator. As soon as I did that the TV went off and so did the combi boiler.
I’m currently using another 5 metre extension cable from a kitchen socket to the TV In the living room. The combi boiler isn’t working.
If there’s any Gas Safe Engineers/Electricians who can come out tomorrow morning or afternoon to at least get the combi boiler working again so I’ve got heating and hot water for my sister, please PM me your contact details . I’d be really grateful.
I live in Burnage.
Many thanks.
jrb.

My combi boiler isn’t working. I’ve got no heat and no hot water.
My sister, who is special needs and has mental health issues is staying with me over Christmas, so I need heating and hot water.(for her)
Long story short.
I’ve got internal damp in the living room. Think it’s coming from the chimney breast?(area)
That’s where the paint on the wall is flaking away. When it rains a lot the downstairs socket lever on the RCD trips and the downstairs sockets stop working. I’ve narrowed it down to 2 sockets either side of the chimney breast.
The downstairs lever on the RCD had tripped, but 1 downstairs socket was still working, it was the TV and combi boiler socket. An electrical cable from the combi boiler goes into the socket.
This evening I plugged an extension cable into the socket and turned on an oil filled radiator. As soon as I did that the TV went off and so did the combi boiler.
I’m currently using another 5 metre extension cable from a kitchen socket to the TV In the living room. The combi boiler isn’t working.
If there’s any Gas Safe Engineers/Electricians who can come out tomorrow morning or afternoon to at least get the combi boiler working again so I’ve got heating and hot water for my sister, please PM me your contact details . I’d be really grateful.
I live in Burnage.
Many thanks.
jrb.
Have you checked the fuse in the plug for the boiler? Might be a temporary fix if you can’t find anyone. Good luck.

Sounds like an issue on the downstairs ring main, the upstairs one is usually on a separate fuse so it might be worth trying to plug an extension lead into an upstairs socket as a temp fix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.