Any Laurel And Hardy fans ?

I drive past the house he was born in every Tuesday and Thursday, pointless information but just thought I'd let you know.

It is in Ulverston btw

I haven't seen the film yet (though I will do), but I did think it interesting to read how Steve Coogan spent ages trying to nail Stan Laurel's mid-Atlantic accent, and how he found it a lot harder than just trying to do a bad American accent.

I haven't seen the film yet (though I will do), but I did think it interesting to read how Steve Coogan spent ages trying to nail Stan Laurel's mid-Atlantic accent, and how he found it a lot harder than just trying to do a bad American accent.

The film is terrific mate - just the right balance between comedy and pathos - and both Coogan and Reilly absolutely nail their parts (including the accents). Touching, well scripted, well acted, and concerning (IMO) the greatest comedy double act of all time. Worked for me!

The film is terrific mate - just the right balance between comedy and pathos - and both Coogan and Reilly absolutely nail their parts (including the accents). Touching, well scripted, well acted, and concerning (IMO) the greatest comedy double act of all time. Worked for me!

Totally agree.

I’ll say out loud how I’m not a fan of Steve Coogan and being a fan of Laurel and Hardy I approached the film with some reservations.

Am delighted to say that both actors were superb. You would have thought it was a reality show filmed live.

Great film

Just before my time but I saw the Stan and Ollie film this week at the local Art Deco flea-pit. It concentrates on their last years on stage in the late fifties when they were struggling to come to terms with their decline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.