Anyone a fan of folk music on here?

Direct train from manny Victoria. It's a market town in the Upper Calder Valley in West Yorkshire lying only eight miles west of Halifax and 14 miles north-east of Rochdale at the confluence of the River Calder and Hebden Water. Be warned that it's a little quirky with fluorescent hair dyes, piercing of nostrils and shortness of gait:

A local fisherman plying his trade @River Calder

s7QTvZ0.jpg
I used to drive through it every week on my way to the evil empire in Halifax. Seemed a nice little town. I'm sure I saw that merry angler catch a Tesco trolley. He caught in on a tups indispensable.
Which was nice.

Talking of folk though, on our roadtrip to Ireland we frequented many pubs that had irish music played by brilliant musicians. We were lucky enough to see Mick Malloy the legendary flautist from the Chieftains play in his own pub in Westport.
Which was double nice.

How did i forget Gordon Lightfoot? probably because i never really think of him as folk because he had a few mainstream hits. Sundown would probably be in my top 5 songs of all time.( it was a US #1)
This live version of "Summer side of life" is brilliance.

I was thinking of ''The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald...etc...full on folk!

I was thinking of ''The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald...etc...full on folk!
One of the best true story songs ever that. Have you ever heard The Dandy Warhols cover? The original is best but it's a belter. The lead singer in the bands cousin died on the Fitzgerald which is why they covered it.

One of the best true story songs ever that. Have you ever heard The Dandy Warhols cover? The original is best but it's a belter. The lead singer in the bands cousin died on the Fitzgerald which is why they covered it.

the good ship and crew
was a bone to be chewed
when the gales of November came early..

Nice cover. The original had more of a ....chill..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.