Anyone been to Sittingbourne, Kent?

Noticed that last time I went.
More 4x4s clogging up the streets and more loud braying London types in the restaurants.
Sad as it was a nice gentle place.
Back on the south coast, lunch at the Zetland arms on the beach having walked from Deal. Lovely day out.

Yeah zetland is lovely in Kingsdown

That walk deal through walmer to kingsdown is lovely

St margarets bay on the way to dover is also very nice ....

Yes I've been. No it's not worth it. It's not a bad place, just not a lot there. Carry on to Whitstable or something.

Not as bad as sheerness though, on my last visit there was a Vicki Pollard lookalike trying to get into strangers cars near the Tesco roundabout at about 10am, can of lager in one hand and ciggy in mouth, trying to earn a few bob if you know what I mean.

Ha ha visitig for what , absolute shit place

Live 30 mins down the coast ...

Interesting fact they have a football team who once tried to do become a giant , spent loads of money built half a decent stadium , played there a few times , paid loads of money to decent local pros but soon went tits up ....

Try sheepey instead at least they all have 6 fingers on each hand and marry there sisters , far more interesting
I played for sittingbourne in the late nineties when this was going on. Some outrageous stuff went on.
I think Neil emblem is still owed money.
Had some great young players and a mix of older pros from Gillingham Steve Lovell, Alan walker and Paul haylock.
Sold their old ground and built a 10000 stadium when they were getting crowds of 600.

To be fair the facilities at that time were better than most lower league clubs.
It’s now a dog track I think.

I played for sittingbourne in the late nineties when this was going on. Some outrageous stuff went on.
I think Neil emblem is still owed money.
Had some great young players and a mix of older pros from Gillingham Steve Lovell, Alan walker and Paul haylock.
Sold their old ground and built a 10000 stadium when they were getting crowds of 600.

To be fair the facilities at that time were better than most lower league clubs.
It’s now a dog track I think.

Mark Weartherky x gillingham is my uncle..

Yeah Steve lovell eas a very decent player , he managed them too.

The changing rooms were massive and that tunnel stairs with the perspex seperating the teams was epic ....

Yeah shame really , kent needs a decent team , ramsgate are doing great things in the community as are Deal Town , ramsgates crowds are starting to swell too

Nothing to see, fuck all to do. A run down town in dire need of investment. Go to Canterbury if you want to head to that general area. But otherwise don't.

Mark Weartherky x gillingham is my uncle..

Yeah Steve lovell eas a very decent player , he managed them too.

The changing rooms were massive and that tunnel stairs with the perspex seperating the teams was epic ....

Yeah shame really , kent needs a decent team , ramsgate are doing great things in the community as are Deal Town , ramsgates crowds are starting to swell too
Ha ha. Mark was my manager when I was at Margate. His son was also in that side. Was it Adam. It was such a long time ago.

With regards to those stairs we played Arsenal in a pre season friendly as part of the deal regarding Lee harper.
They brought down a few fair first teamers such as anelka, boa morte and im pretty sure Tony Adams. As the teams are lining up to walk out sittingbourne had signed a player called Scott Lindsay who out of nowhere started banging on that prespex glass and shouting they were shitting themselves and didn’t fancy it etc.
Just made me laugh as it was out of nowhere and pretty funny and ballsy to do In front of seasoned pros.

It’s a workaday town. There are far better places to visit in Kent. Faversham, Broadstairs, Deal, Sandwich, Canterbury, Folkestone, Hythe, Tenterden to name a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.