Anyone else laid off?

basher

Northern Kentucky-land of Bengal tigers, NASCAR, a
I've been laid off for over four months now.

I've used this time off to make some positive lifestyle changes... increased beer drinking, started cigar smoking and renewed my love for video games.

Anyone else laid off and how has it affected your lifestyle?

basher said:
I've used this time off to make some positive lifestyle changes... increased beer drinking, started cigar smoking and renewed my love for video games.

fuck, im like that now! what am i goin to be like october 1st when im laid off(99% certain)?????

Im not far off after working at the same place for 19 years!!!The day i left school i started next day.I know fuck all else so will be right in the shite!!!Will see...................

It can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. I had been at the same company for 20 odd years but in 2001 it closed. At this time money was tight, so being made redundant at first was a bit scarey.
However when my money came through + holiday monies etc it really put me back on my feet & after 3 months I got a better paid job, in short it was the kick up the backside I needed.
Must admit though, I loved those 3 months off work.

I was made redundant in January. I had about 7 weeks off before getting back into work. Not managed to get anything permanent though I'm just relying on contract work.

our company as been really slack for past 6 months so when we have no work they pay us 40 hours to sit at home but you could be called to go anywhere in u.k at short notice. thank god for bluemoon , and my garden as never been so looked after but you can only cut the lawn so many times . starting a new contract next week in belfast.

ive been out of work since february,luckily ive managed to sort something today! start back on the 20th.thats the current situation in the building trade

bradmcfc said:
ive been out of work since february,luckily ive managed to sort something today! start back on the 20th.thats the current situation in the building trade
This. I work for a company manufacturing windows and doors, and I've been on a 3 day week and a 5% cut in wages since Christmas. And business is a fraction of what it was say, 18 months ago. Only a matter of time before the work equivalent of the "Dear John" letter, I'd guess.

I was laid off in November last year - I'm working on a month-by-month contract at the moment, it's quite shocking how may people have been affected by the recession, I don't think we're at the lowest point yet

Me and my mates always used to laugh at some of the adverts on tv,''train to be an electrician ,and earn 35-40k per year''.you know,the one where that bloke bumps into his old friend and tells him hes done a course,and hes a spark,and hes now got his own business etc etc ,proper rubs it in.There really is fuck all work about in the building trade,wages are being lowered and people undercutting each other and working for nothing,and you get these adverts telling people to train up and be a tradesman! .ive got 6-8 weeks work on a school staring on the 20th,after that,im off traveling and doing a TEFL course,away from this joke of a country!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.