Anyone remember this mascot fight at Maine Road around 1966/7?

ColinBellsjockstrap

Before the match the teenage Liverpool mascot dressed in the club colours planted a Liverpool flag in the centre circle before the game, the City mascot dressed in a City kit spotted this, ran on the pitch and snapped the flagpole over his knee.

Thereafter a proper fist fight started in the centre circle, and they had to be dragged apart by the police....

:)

Before the match the teenage Liverpool mascot dressed in the club colours planted a Liverpool flag in the centre circle before the game, the City mascot dressed in a City kit spotted this, ran on the pitch and snapped the flagpole over his knee.

Thereafter a proper fist fight started in the centre circle, and they had to be dragged apart by the police....

:)

Magic mushrooms?

Yep I was there. If I remember rightly it was our first home game after being promoted from the old second division. I think we won 2-1.
I don't remember the breaking of the flag pole/stick but it was near the centre line and the Liverpool supporter was standing with his flag, when our "mascot" started fighting with him until they both got dragged off.

I don't remember seeing the mascot after that little incident!!

Yep I was there. If I remember rightly it was our first home game after being promoted from the old second division. I think we won 2-1.
I don't remember the breaking of the flag pole/stick but it was near the centre line and the Liverpool supporter was standing with his flag, when our "mascot" started fighting with him until they both got dragged off.

I don't remember seeing the mascot after that little incident!!

That's the one, I knew it was early in the season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.