Anzac day

Yes the Commonwealth Graves Commission do take pride in maintaining the graves and the memorials. :-)
Also been to Tyne Cot in Belgium which is the largest cemetery for Commonwealth Forces anywhere in the world. Very moving and reminds you why wars are so bloody futile.

Yes the Commonwealth Graves Commission do take pride in maintaining the graves and the memorials. :-)
I now live in Thailand and there are many War graves in Kanchanaburi ( Bridge over the River Kwai Fame) they are maintained to an incredible level, and are a very poignant place to visit, it sure puts life into prospective.

Also been to Tyne Cot in Belgium which is the largest cemetery for Commonwealth Forces anywhere in the world. Very moving and reminds you why wars are so bloody futile.
My Grandfather’s memorial is at Tyne Cot. There is no grave as he was ‘blown to bits’. That’s what it said on the card file I was sent a photo of.
However I do have a certificate with his details as shown on the memorial wall with the section number etc.

The memorial at Gallipoli has a moving tribute by Kemal Ataturk to the mothers of the young men from far away who died there, telling them that their sons are now Turkey's sons and the mothers can know they are cared for by those they once fought.
Beautiful place far removed from the horrors that took place there in 1915.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.