apart from city and united

dw7

has anyone went to another derby as a neutral. what was you experience of the atmosphear the game the build up and tension. its funny watching other people around you nervous and getting anoyed at decisions when you dont really care

I did the 1-0 Liverpool-Everton at Anfield earlier this year. Looking objectively, I think the build up and atmosphere were very close, if not as good, as the United-City Carling Cup 2nd leg I did a few days earlier.

Was a little awkward as I was with my brother who is a lifelong Liverpool fan, our tickets were in the Liverpool section, and as a result we spent all our time pre and post match with Liverpool fans, and obviously with the way the league table is this season I desperately wanted Everton to win, but kept that very quiet.

Also did Birmingham-Wolves but that hardly qualifies as a derby, and even if it does it hardly lives up to the others. Incidently have also done Chivas-Galaxy MLS and Angels-Dodgers baseball in the US if that counts!

Hope to do some more derbies next time I go to the UK. Obviously Manchester is top of the list but many others I hope to tick off as the years go on.

I have been to Ibrox for the Glasgow Derby, pure hatred, great passion on and off the pitch.

Very much enjoyed, but still felt like I shouldn't have been there as although I prefer Rangers can't say i would have been that arsed if they had lost, and that ain't what derbies are about.

Trigger said:
I have been to Ibrox for the Glasgow Derby, pure hatred, great passion on and off the pitch.

Very much enjoyed, but still felt like I shouldn't have been there as although I prefer Rangers can't say i would have been that arsed if they had lost, and that ain't what derbies are about.

Celtic v Rangers, went with a Scottish mate (Celtic fan), pure hatred by both sets of fans, sat next to a foul mouthed old woman who quite honestly could have murdered the Rangers players every time they got a throw in!! some atmosphere though, felt sorry for the young Celtic fan who got beaten up cos he had a navy tracksuit on.

I was at the Dublin derby last night, Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians.
There was only about 5,000 there but the atmosphere was superb. Rovers won one nil and the footall was absolute shite as usual but I went home happy as I do any time we get one over Bohs!
Both sides have 'hooligan' elements which is quite comical, Burberry and Stone Island clad little scrotes everywhere. There's as many Police at this fixture as there is for a full Ireland international which given the difference in attendance at each match is incredible.

Been to a couple of Old Firms at either ground. Mental, but sadly little to do with football. I have also seen a couple of Bristol derbies at Ashton Gate with my cousins and they are suprisingly fierce. One time there was a pitch invasion and fighting with police

blue_paul said:
I was at the Dublin derby last night, Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians.
There was only about 5,000 there but the atmosphere was superb. Rovers won one nil and the footall was absolute shite as usual but I went home happy as I do any time we get one over Bohs!
Both sides have 'hooligan' elements which is quite comical, Burberry and Stone Island clad little scrotes everywhere. There's as many Police at this fixture as there is for a full Ireland international which given the difference in attendance at each match is incredible.

i was at this game myself as you say shit football but good atmosphere<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 am --<br /><br />lol

24870_1166362378612_1814515395_310101_6526292_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.