Apparent United starting 11

gio's side step said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
He wasn't bought as the finished article. Having watched all his games this season, I see the potential in him, and a big game like this will be great experience for him. I think he can develop into a good centre-half, and the only way he will do so is by playing. He's got all the physical attributes, he just needs to work on things that take time...

Like you said, his positional sense is not the best, but he's only 21. Of course he's going to improve. As for his touch, these things improve with time.

I didn't say he was bought as the finished article. I'm just saying it as I see it. I don't think his potential is genuinely what you make it out to be. A good centre half he may become, but not good enough for Utd in my opinion. No where near good enough.

Good, there'd be something wrong with the world if you lot started thinking our players were any good.

Seriously though, he's been miles better than Evans this season. Evans' only good game was against Liverpool in the FA Cup, so Smalling has moved above him in the pecking order on merit.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The Fixer said:
If they are playing 4-5-1 then berba will be on the bench, Rooney up top nani and gigs on the wings with a middle three of carrick/fletcher/anderson to match up with us.

I'd agree with most of that, except Rooney.

In a 4-5-1 Berbatoss plays more to the formation. If Rooney plays, it would be out wide.

One of the issues might be that chickpea is not back yet, so Ferguson needs a better option coming from the bench.

Hmmm not sure on that tolm, when the rags have played 1 up top its usually rooney ? We will find out soon enough tho.

No way will bacon leave berbatoss out, possibly if he was having a shit season but not when he is the league's leading scorer.

The Fixer said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'd agree with most of that, except Rooney.

In a 4-5-1 Berbatoss plays more to the formation. If Rooney plays, it would be out wide.

One of the issues might be that chickpea is not back yet, so Ferguson needs a better option coming from the bench.

Hmmm not sure on that tolm, when the rags have played 1 up top its usually rooney ? We will find out soon enough tho.

4-5-1 ;)

Decision is on Carrick playing or not. If he plays, I would be very surprised to see Rooney leading the line up top on his jack.

They will go safety first.

mcfcliam said:
According to a lad called Ben Hibbs, manutd.com editor.

van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs; Rooney

I know him personally, and although he is one of the editors, there is no way he would get this sort of information a day early! It might turn out to be right, but it will be luck if it does.

Darren Fletcher is a serious doubt for the Manchester derby this weekend after aggravating an ankle injury in training, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Manchester United’s midfield kingpin pulled out of the Scotland squad ahead of their 3-0 win over Northern Ireland on Wednesday after failing to shake off knocks to his eye and ankle following United’s defeat at Wolves last weekend.

The Scotland skipper’s withdrawal was regarded as a precautionary measure and he was expected to be fit for Saturday lunchtime’s crunch clash against Manchester City at Old Trafford.

But Fletcher returned to light training for United in midweek and was sent home from the club’s Carrington training headquarters by the coaching staff after hurting the ankle again.

The 27-year-old is now undergoing intensive treatment and faces a race against time to feature against United’s bitter rivals for a game in which he would have been an almost certain starter.

It will be a blow to Sir Alex Ferguson’s game-plan if the Scot is absent. Fletcher’s box-to-box energy, drive and ball-winning capabilities have made him an integral part of Ferguson’s midfield in recent seasons and his growing status is such that he is one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Rio Ferdinand has already been ruled out of Saturday’s match with a calf injury picked up during the warm-up before the Wolves match.

But there should be some more positive news for United with Park Ji-Sung set to be involved for the first time in a month after returning from the Asian Cup, where he helped South Korea to third place.

I'd rather Fletcher play than Scholes, who at 63 years of age still torments us.

Here's the rags team from the last fixture at OT, i reckon they'll set up the team like this again:

vym9o6.jpg

Manchester United face losing Park Ji-sung for up to four weeks after he tweaked a hamstring in training yesterday.

The 29-year-old South Korean has only just returned following his involvement in the Asia Cup.

Park, who picked up his 100th cap against Japan, has since retired from international football to concentrate on his United career.

Defender Jonny Evans has had a scan on an ankle injury and could be out for a month also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.