are macbooks worth it?

I run both Mac and Vista machines - I love my MacBook, for the same reason I prefer my iPod to any other mp3 player... Fewer bells and whistles, but it's just elegant design and worth the premium. However, if you already have mostly windows software or want it mainly to play games, then the Vista machine is a better choice. Mac is better if your interests are more for graphic arts / writing.

for ten years used a pc (always dell) then in April 2008 bought a mac book and wouldn't go back
wife just bought herself a macbook pro last week and she loves it

I am not going to get into arguments about the merits of macs/pcs but for what i use it for i love it, it seems so intuitive to use
but they are too expensive

I would never go back to a PC after having this thing. It just works.

But, like any computer, it depends on what you want to do on it, and how much you can afford.
You need to balance the two.

My PC was always breaking down. Bought a Mac, no problems whatsoever. You get what you pay for.

I bought a MacBook in NY when I was over there - and I guarantee that it's the best decision I've ever made.

No problems, a hell of a lot faster than any Windows based machine I've been on, plus with the added bonus that there is only a handful of viruses written for macs in comparison to the thousands for pc's.

Definitely worth the money, I'll never have a PC again. Plus, if you get a new style macbook, you get the added bonus of multitouch gestures, which make life a hell of a lot easier! :)

(And you can get all Microsoft software for the Mac too)

Yes they are. (I'm using one now) The software and hardware are specifically designed to work with each other so reliability & performance is much better than a PC. (Mac's OS is Linux based and therefore takes up a lot less space) Also the range of software for a Mac is far more user friendly in my experience.

If you can afford it, then go for it. Also they tend to hold their value pretty well if you come to re-sell it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.