Are People Who Have Facebook And Social Media Accounts Attention Seekers?

I really like facebook

I use it to stay in touch with old friends and family in the UK

if people annoy you you can block their posts, think the OP is a miserable **** ;)

Last edited:
there's also the community angle as well - knowing whats going on in your local area. And I've learned so much about the history of where I live from local Facebook Groups

Most people use them to brag about how great their lives are or how interesting they are. I prefer to woman about sports, keep in touch w/ friends and talk about music and cooking/recipes. I recently took a trip to the Grand Canyon and have a ton of great pics and video from the helicopter tour but I don't see the point in posting them.

Most people use them to brag about how great their lives are or how interesting they are. I prefer to woman about sports, keep in touch w/ friends and talk about music and cooking/recipes. I recently took a trip to the Grand Canyon and have a ton of great pics and video from the helicopter tour but I don't see the point in posting them.

The biggest laugh is the people who seem to think having 2000 "facebook friends" they have probably never met makes them more important. You have people actively adding people just for "trophies" to show off and say "look at how many friends I have!" it's a dick (or boob) measuring contest !

The biggest laugh is the people who seem to think having 2000 "facebook friends" they have probably never met makes them more important. You have people actively adding people just for "trophies" to show off and say "look at how many friends I have!" it's a dick (or boob) measuring contest !
Can it lead to "friend envy"?

This. Some people couldn't survive if you took their Facebook away.. I survive just fine not having to read all their egotistical BS.

Obviously you want to post things for people to see.. so you need that validation in your life.

I'm old school, text, ring people I want to meet face-to-face. Feck Candy Crush.

If that makes me a miserable git so what. I think it turns our children's minds to mush and in the future won't be good if they grow up with that level of ego of people "liking" whatever they post.. they will all turn into entitled arseholes who expect people to worship them.
Guessing all your friends live in the same country and/or you don't have that many.

all social media of some kind turns all people into attention seekers in one way or another, whether it's serial tweeters, facebook food picture publishers or purveyors of condemnation on every subject, and the forum dwellers who like to post or comment constantly.

Facebook wise I tend to post music, check in when pissed or for the attention seeking bit have an occassional rant. Only joined because someone put all their wedding plans on there only so had to join to get the info.
Ha, you're the most frequent user on my feed, I've roughly 400 'friends' on Facebook just to give you an idea...

Ha, you're the most frequent user on my feed, I've roughly 400 'friends' on Facebook just to give you an idea...

Have you got all their notifications swithched off ;-)
I post about 10 times a week hardly anything compared to some we know who post daily, and most mine are pub checkins news story links and as said occassonal rant.

Have you got all their notifications swithched off ;-)
I post about 10 times a week hardly anything compared to some we know who post daily, and most mine are pub checkins news story links and as said occassonal rant.
I think the G-man would agree with me too, 'top ranter' as he calls you!
Are your kid and Lamb on here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.