Are Virgin trains taking the mickey?

Been going on for decades now. Some companies need to if they are to pay £60k per year for drivers who might drive 4 hours a day.

In Ireland, when there is say, a big match at Croke Park or the Aviva, they just lay in extra trains and carriages.
They certainly don't do the fares any cheaper but they're not noticeably (to me, anyway) any more expensive.
Do they make a profit, over the course of a year? Hell, no.
Then again, in Ireland, the trains aren't privatised.

Why can't the club put on specil trains like they do for night games in Manchester from London ?? They are quick to offer it to London Based fans so why not the other way round ?
Because transporting Mancunians to London doesn't get change in the tills of the corporate areas of the Etihad.

I honestly had no idea the train companies did it as well. I thought they just had constant flat rates for on-peak and off-peak. It's a proper pisstake that they've started doing it now.

They've been shafting London based Blues like this for ages. The price for the trains home from Manchester always gets ramped if we're playing a London based side at the Etihad. Cnuts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.