Are we looking to sign a striker?

In a word, "Yes."

I don't think that Bony will be here next season and I don't think that we can play with just two main strikers in our squad. So we need to sign a pretty good striker who will be willing to play second fiddle to Kun - with Nacho, for the time being, playing 3rd favorite while honing his skills.

No idea though who our striker signing will be.

Edit - or maybe we could go without a true number 9 in case Kun gets injured and Nacho isn't up to it. Seems pretty desperate though.

Last edited:
My point isn't that we don't need a plan for if that happens. My point is we can't buy a striker at a level good enough to stand in for Aguero because they won't play enough, we need somebody that can play probably in a 3 with Aguero and maybe Sterling and get goals, and is able to play centrally when needs be. But my answer to the thread question ' do we need a centre forward' would be no, because they wouldnt play enough games. Even if Bony goes.
This. Been saying it for months. We need Griezmann or Dybala.

Well I've seen Fernandinho and Delph are going to be our new full backs so I reckon Zabaleta or Kolorov are a good shout for striker. He does like his mix and match does our Pep.
Dihno and Delph at fullback is actually a fantastic idea. It opens up spots in the middle where Pep can being in those who'd make the most effect on his style while strengthen our defense from within.

Kolarov at anything but gone though, is a bad decision.

No. In Aguero and Iheanacho, we have the best striker and the best young striker in the league. In Pep's system I can only see one of them being played so the people coming in will likely be central midfielders, full-backs, a center-back and maybe a winger.

Dihno and Delph at fullback is actually a fantastic idea. It opens up spots in the middle where Pep can being in those who'd make the most effect on his style while strengthen our defense from within.

Kolarov at anything but gone though, is a bad decision.
I'm up for anything regards the full back position. Whatever he does has to be an improvement on what we've got.

Loved Kolarov for quite awhile for his whipped crosses. And for Serbia - for the games I've watch at least - he's been miles ahead of just about everyone else in his side.

But against Southampton - that jogging back on defense and not seeming to care when SH scored - man that really pissed me off. Last straw.

But Pellers - the fucking low-key demotivator of the year isn't blameless at all. Pellers should have told Kolarov that he wasn't sure who he was starting in the CL - and that if Kolarov played well, he'd start - same message to all players.

Likely Pellers either said nothing or idiotically told Kolarov he wasn't starting.

Under such conditions, it would take a hugely - righteous? - ethical? - not sure what the right world is - human being, to perform at his/her best. So I have a little sympathy for Kolarov - but not much.
--------
I guess I've been much more forgiving of Kolarov's defensive lapses than most.

If as would be expected and Bony is sold then we cannot rely on July Sergio and Nacho

So yes we need another CF
Nope. We can. What we need is a superior goalscoring winger. Barca, Real and Bayern all don't have a stud backup striker. They have Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo Bale, Mueller and Robben. Starters at other positions who bring enough goals and can switch to the main striker role. Frankly we already have one in DeBryune. We just need another one like Griezmann.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.