Are we paranoid....?

But Chelsea bidding millions is now the status quo and people are used to them. They are no longer the 'force that are killing football', even though little has changed regrding their financial clout. It has become the accepted norm.

When City are winning stuff and them spending 30m on a player is not a novelty then they will be arse licking City and it won't be worthy of comment. That will be the accepted norm and they will have grown tired of sensationalising it.

Not sure about paranoid...over sensitive yes and it does baffle me why we have endless threads going into meltdown about some nonsense piece or other and urging us to email in or boycott the paper/program/whatever and why are there threads every other day about Harry Redknapp? I quite like good old 'arry. Makes me laugh and hes a decent enough manager so quite why he inspires such venom is a bit beyond me tbh...

...although the git did bid up the price on Bellamy. Still galls me we paid nearly the same f**king price for Bellers that HR paid for Defoe who scores twice as many goals and is injured for less than half the time. I swear he did it deliberately the bastard

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
But Chelsea bidding millions is now the status quo and people are used to them. They are no longer the 'force that are killing football', even though little has changed regrding their financial clout. It has become the accepted norm.

When City are winning stuff and them spending 30m on a player is not a novelty then they will be arse licking City and it won't be worthy of comment. That will be the accepted norm and they will have grown tired of sensationalising it.

I agree with everything you've posted there...but it doesn't change my original point.

The idea that in this instance we're being paranoid...well, the facts just don't bare it out. I think it's very easy to generalize and say "all football fans are paranoid", because to a certain extent we fit those norms. But equally, as the saying goes "Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not talking about me."

The press have had a field day in the last week, and the treatment we have received, IMO, has been nothing short of utterly outrageous. Chelsea NEVER EVER EVER dealt with negativity on that scale.

I guess in this instance, your quote in my original post struck a raw nerve...to draw an analogy, it felt like I'd been mugged, then got told to get over it because I was in a bad neighbourhood.

BobKowalski said:
Not sure about paranoid...over sensitive yes and it does baffle me why we have endless threads going into meltdown about some nonsense piece or other and urging us to email in or boycott the paper/program/whatever and why are there threads every other day about Harry Redknapp? I quite like good old 'arry. Makes me laugh and hes a decent enough manager so quite why he inspires such venom is a bit beyond me tbh...

...although the git did bid up the price on Bellamy. Still galls me we paid nearly the same f**king price for Bellers that HR paid for Defoe who scores twice as many goals and is injured for less than half the time. I swear he did it deliberately the bastard

Is it possible that you simply don't like the Welsh...;- )

As for Rednapp...I probably loath him as much as I loath Ferguson, Fat Sam, and David Moyes...

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:

Is it possible that you simply don't like the Welsh...;- )

...good point. There does seem to be a recurring theme with me now you mention it!

being angry at the outside world is far healthier than turning it on ourselves.

what's happening is the death of our self-pity.

how many times have we laughed at our own incompetance, and wallowed in the role of 'long-suffering city fans'. being hated is always better than being pitied.

despite how the media may try to portray the past week as a complete disaster, there has been very little despair amongst the fans.

let them mock us as much as they like, we all know who will have the last laugh.

As a great philosopher once wrote, or was it Kurt Cobain? "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you". I think that's fairly apt. There's been a degree of preciousness about some City fan's reaction to the press, however a great many of them have been openly attacking the club and anyone who dares to associate themselves with it. Fuck them, they're all jealous.

Frankly, if anyone is still claiming they can't see the media's hatred of City, after the vitriolic outpourings of the last week, then they're living in some kind of protective bubble, cloud cuckoo land or a journo themselves. Take you're pick.

Fuck off. Turn on SSN right now and tell me we are paranoid. Here is what they're saying.

No one in Brazil have never heard of us.

Everyone in Brazil thinks we're shit.

No one in Brazil has ever heard of us

Brazilians were shocked when we bought Elano even though people in Brazil had never heard of us before Robinhio.

No one in Brazil has ever heard of us.

All Brazilians know that City are an insignificant club with no future

People in Brazil have never heard of us.

Where is the line between proper reporting and vindictive trash. It is deranged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.