Are we starting to convince people that we do have history?

morleyswife

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingo.com/football/a11233_love-em-hate-em-manchester-city-manchester-united-readymade-neutrals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingo.com/football/a1123 ... e-neutrals</a>

This is from an Isreali registered site if its complete shit please let me know

Every club has history. This idea that only successful clubs count is arrogance at its best.

Spindash said:
Every club has history. This idea that only successful clubs count is arrogance at its best.

I know that but the point I am asking is - that this a foreign media and the world hopefully are not looking at us as the shitty lucky fucking lottery winners.

My headline of this post does not state what I mean. I articulated this poorly

"It feels good the foreign websites are speaking about the history of the club"

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
An Israeli site, Morleyswife? I sniff rattus rattus. There's a phrase in the body of the article which mentions our 'shrewd manager'. Sure this isn't a Welsh site?
To be honest it's City fans like you that would prefer to heap scorn on our club rather than ram our rich History down peoples throats that are part of the problem.

bluemanc said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
An Israeli site, Morleyswife? I sniff rattus rattus. There's a phrase in the body of the article which mentions our 'shrewd manager'. Sure this isn't a Welsh site?
To be honest it's City fans like you that would prefer to heap scorn on our club rather than ram our rich History down peoples throats that are part of the problem.

The last thing I heap on my club, bluemanc, is scorn. I do know that there are many who wouldn't know our rich history if it bit them on their arse. Hope you're not one of them.

The press dig up are rich history when it suit's them.
Stan Collymore was on talksport, said "we are one of the top 15 great clubs with a long history".
It's because we are still in the Euefa cup.

Aside from the air disaster City can match the rags (or any club) all the way for history ....... okay they've won more trophies but more things have happened to us than have happened to them since day one , and our ground at Maine Road probably had far more history than theirs ever did ...... they even borrowed it at one point!

This thing they have about history ..... they like to think it's the be all and end all , but they're totally blinkered as to Citys history ..... yet it's still there for all to see if the history books are checked ........ from 1894 it's always been one thing or another with this club.

Only last year we trampled all over their history (and added to our own!) by winnin' their air disaster centenary match ..... i wonder if that'll get a mention in that museum down at the Swamp!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.