Are we still sh*t ?

Re: Are we still shit ?

Gooner said:
You're a long way off ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal. You need to get 4th this season and push on from there.
No, Arsenal is never in that lot, your chicken-hearted players will fuck up after new year again, just like every season.

First of all, I'd like to applaud all of you blues that turned out in that freezer last night, I couldn't make it last night for family reasons, but its so unpleasant being so cold, so top one to you all

Secondly, Are we still shit? - I don't know what match the OP was watching last night, but I did not see a shit team play Everscum last night.

Let me make a few observations. Their first goal, we were caught cold, we were uncharacteristically (on this seasons defensive displays) caught out at the back. We had not settled. This is not an excuse, but its not a point to get alarmed about. Our defense is still one of the best in the top 4.
Evertons second goal was a great goal by Baines. Yes, he may of been snubbed out by other players that didnt play last night, but we will never know. One thing I will say is that Joe had nothing else to do for the rest of the night apart from pick the ball out of the net. (Oh, and deal with a weird thigh backpass)

We bossed and totally outplayed Everton. Completely reversed from last years fixture when they outshone us. An earlier post hit the nail on the head that due to their two goal lead early on, allowed them to sit deep and have confident in their defense to keep us at bay. It was a risky plan but they had no other choice. If they had gone for another goal and keep the game open, we would of had the room to get back into it earlier than we did. Don't forget, Evertons defense are no mugs with Distin and Jagielka.

Im not saying we were magnificent last night, because we were not, we had a few players not at 100%. I'd say the worst was Johnson, his touch, decision making and positioning was woeful, and I can see why this lad needs to be educated more before being given an automatic regular start. We pressed, and pressed and kept the ball well in tight positions in the final 3rd but was thwarted by the man of the match Tim Howard. What an incredible game he had. He was the difference in the two sides last night. That guy was on top form. Well done to him.

We have not got anything too much to worry about. We are an improving, growing side that is still in the mix for top honours. We need a certain amount of Tweaking, and bolstering the depth of the squad in quality, then it's TIME and EXPERIENCE we need, not nejerk reactions for a hiccup game.

If you still think we were shit, then take a DeLorian to the late 90's and watch some of the dross we had to endure under the likes of Ball and Clark.

We are on the Cusp of something Big, and nothing will stop us, but reacting with "Are we still Shit" whenever we lose wont help our mindset to go forward.

I don't think any of the top 4 would of come back from a 2-0 setback against Everton last night.

CTID

Graceyboy said:
First of all, I'd like to applaud all of you blues that turned out in that freezer last night, I couldn't make it last night for family reasons, but its so unpleasant being so cold, so top one to you all

Secondly, Are we still shit? - I don't know what match the OP was watching last night, but I did not see a shit team play Everscum last night.

Let me make a few observations. Their first goal, we were caught cold, we were uncharacteristically (on this seasons defensive displays) caught out at the back. We had not settled. This is not an excuse, but its not a point to get alarmed about. Our defense is still one of the best in the top 4.
Evertons second goal was a great goal by Baines. Yes, he may of been snubbed out by other players that didnt play last night, but we will never know. One thing I will say is that Joe had nothing else to do for the rest of the night apart from pick the ball out of the net. (Oh, and deal with a weird thigh backpass)

We bossed and totally outplayed Everton. Completely reversed from last years fixture when they outshone us. An earlier post hit the nail on the head that due to their two goal lead early on, allowed them to sit deep and have confident in their defense to keep us at bay. It was a risky plan but they had no other choice. If they had gone for another goal and keep the game open, we would of had the room to get back into it earlier than we did. Don't forget, Evertons defense are no mugs with Distin and Jagielka.

Im not saying we were magnificent last night, because we were not, we had a few players not at 100%. I'd say the worst was Johnson, his touch, decision making and positioning was woeful, and I can see why this lad needs to be educated more before being given an automatic regular start. We pressed, and pressed and kept the ball well in tight positions in the final 3rd but was thwarted by the man of the match Tim Howard. What an incredible game he had. He was the difference in the two sides last night. That guy was on top form. Well done to him.

We have not got anything too much to worry about. We are an improving, growing side that is still in the mix for top honours. We need a certain amount of Tweaking, and bolstering the depth of the squad in quality, then it's TIME and EXPERIENCE we need, not nejerk reactions for a hiccup game.

If you still think we were shit, then take a DeLorian to the late 90's and watch some of the dross we had to endure under the likes of Ball and Clark.

We are on the Cusp of something Big, and nothing will stop us, but reacting with "Are we still Shit" whenever we lose wont help our mindset to go forward.

I don't think any of the top 4 would of come back from a 2-0 setback against Everton last night.

CTID

Great post ... obviously the OP did not see the game last night if he/she can even contemplate asking such a question.

As you say, the contrast between last season's 2-0 defeat to them and last night was marked. Take out the first 15 minutes (hugely uncharacteristic for us this season to be so lax), the rest of the game we pretty much dictated, and really had it not been for their defensive heroics (for which they should recieve huge praise), we looked a class above albeit patently lacking that little bit of experience and level-headedness.

I'm confident that we will continue to grow and improve as the season goes on. Those who appear to be writing off our chances, well I think they need to develop a backbone rather than starting such ridiculous threads!

Big test and we failed it yet again - nowhere near title and we´ll struggle for 4th. I expect things to go tits up over xmas now and we could be down to 5th/6th mid Jan. From there who fookin knows with this lot.Mancini has a huge task ahead of him and frankly I don´t know (apart from signing another multi - million striker and defender) how he´s going to solve it. We can´t score at home and we need to draw teams out of position and that requires patience which many blues don´t have as they´re always demanding we go gung-ho all out attack against anyone.Milner is a disaster , Balo a fruitcake and we´re getting red cards like I´ve never known - Toure again last night - what a fookin knob!! We missed NDJ badly coz he is one player who gives as good as he gets with thugs like Everscum. Silva clearly wished he were in sunnier climes last night and Newcastle (if the game is on) will not be Las fookin Palmas come Sun. Tevez´s timing was disgraceful and has clearly set us back though he did give his all last night. Last night was THE opportunity to put "typical" to bed. The first goal alone proved that this tag is a long way from being removed

Some incredible knee jerk reactions.

Miles behind Arsenal and Chelsea apparently... yet they have seen the likes of Sunderland, West Brom and Newcastle go to their grounds and completely turn them over.

Worse than Spurs apparently, yet are still 5 points clear of them.

The truth is we are very much in the mix. We were yesterday and we still are today. It's a setback, but all sides have them and we will recover.

Project said:
Some incredible knee jerk reactions.

Miles behind Arsenal and Chelsea apparently... yet they have seen the likes of Sunderland, West Brom and Newcastle go to their grounds and completely turn them over.

Worse than Spurs apparently, yet are still 5 points clear of them.

The truth is we are very much in the mix. We were yesterday and we still are today. It's a setback, but all sides have them and we will recover.

Sanity rules.

Graceyboy said:

CTID

I agree with all of this. The only thing you could add is that the medical dropped a bollock by having Zabaleta off the pitch for so long without relaying to Mancini how long it would take.
It was a chance to go top for xmas which would have been brilliant, but it's not a major disaster.

Gooner said:
You're a long way off ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal. You need to get 4th this season and push on from there.
hmm......long way off = 2points off the rags, level pts with arsenal and a point above of chelsea.
i think we'll finish above arsenal this season, don't rate you at all.....absolute shite the other week against the rags and wenger has stated he isn't going to be bringing many new faces in so i'd suggest it's arsenal who should be aiming for 4th.

hahahahahaha still shit on the back of what ?
Sorry but big strides have been made in a short time.

Arsenal,Man U and Chelsea have had years of building City are up there on the back of 1 full season at it.

Time to hang on Blues the rollercoaster is up and running and i think that the outcome will have a happy one come the end of the season.

Everything is there everything is in place one it clicks and it will then you will all get the results you all crave

bluethai said:
Gooner said:
No, Arsenal is never in that lot, your chicken-hearted players will fuck up after new year again, just like every season.

A long way off but the table says differently like another poster says you players are briliant your football is outstanding but deep down when the chips are down your team doesn't wanna know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.