Are you a City fan at ANY cost?

fbloke

I've noticed a few threads over the last several months than created division amongst the City faithful.

There is one about Blue memberships now that clearly has two separate sides to it that seem to be irreconcilable.

We have had issues with the cost of kit and season tickets, the cost of food and parking as well as more significant debates about disabled supporters too.

Personally I find the tie in with ViaGoGo to be step too far and one where, on principle, I wont buy a Blue membership.

I will still be a match going Blue, I will still support the club in almost everything it does as it remains a wonderful club in so many ways.

But I was wondering if any of you have principles/lines in the sand/definite no no's that would mean you simply wouldn't engage with the club?

Or are you simply going to carry on doing what you do irrespective of the cost etc?

Im quite lucky that I get transport free to the game, split the parking between 3 of us, so the only real cost for me is my season ticket at 550, but if prices continue to rise Im sure at some stage Ill be priced out.

mancityvstoke said:
Home Kit change to all red.

I'm off.

Fair point well made but there are Cardiff fans who dont agree with that stance.

Lines in the sand:

• Changing our name.
  • Changing our home colours from blue.
  • Never-ceasing 10% season-on-season rises in adult prices.
  • Standing not tolerated anywhere.

I've given thought to becoming an away-only fan, and it might happen at some point.

Skashion said:
Lines in the sand:

• Changing our name.

I've given thought to becoming an away-only fan, and it might happen at some point.

The change of badge was a very weird time for me as I didnt understand why so few people just accepted it.

Imagine if they tried changing the badge now?

fbloke said:
Skashion said:
Lines in the sand:

• Changing our name.

The change of badge was a very weird time for me as I didnt understand why so few people just accepted it.

I'd love it. Get rid of the daft stars and eaglinho

There's nothing financial the club could do to stop me engaging, as you put it mate.

I also think we're very lucky to have the owners/executives we have in place so I don't envisage any drastic changes which are going to drive people away in their droves.

fbloke said:
Skashion said:
Lines in the sand:

• Changing our name.

I thought everybody pretty much accepted it?

mancityvstoke said:
fbloke said:
Skashion said:
Lines in the sand:

• Changing our name.

I'd love it. Get rid of the daft stars and eaglinho

There would have to be plenty of consultation and questionnaires though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.