Are you British or English?

King Of The Kippax

Having a discussion with a work colleague about the title question....So, if asked, are you British or English?

The only real time the question pops up is when abroad, more so places like the US. Personally I'll always answer 'English' or 'I'm from England' but my colleague, 'British' or 'I'm from Britain/UK' - We're both from Manchester.

What would you answer?

Having a discussion with a work colleague about the title question....So, if asked, are you British or English?

The only real time the question pops up is when abroad, more so places like the US. Personally I'll always answer 'English' or 'I'm from England' but my colleague, 'British' or 'I'm from Britain/UK' - We're both from Manchester.

What would you answer?
I had a similar discussion a few weeks ago when they told me that i was from the UK and not England as England is not a country. Told me that the UK is the country we live in and England is just a region of the UK. I told him he was talking bullshit and that im from England, but he's not the first person to actually tell me that.

I love the way the Yanks always ask 'Are you English?' as it's obvious the Jocks and Taffs are totally irrelevant ;-)

Our official nationality is British. English is not a proper nationality.

The country we live in is Great Britain which is part of the two country union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom.

Scotland Wales and England are not part of a four country UK, it's just Great Britain and Northern Ireland

British ! But then I'm more than half Welsh and grew up in Manchester. That said as a Wales fan who is definitely Anglo Welsh I think British is the best descriptor

I just call myself Great

Our official nationality is British. English is not a proper nationality.

The country we live in is Great Britain which is part of the two country union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom.

Scotland Wales and England are not part of a four country UK, it's just Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Soooooo, do you say British or English? Haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.