Armed Forces Day

I’m most definitely not taking the micky here mate but with you being ex forces and then saying “charged by the courts” it did make me wonder whether you fought in the Napoleon or Crimean wars. :)
Ha ha,no im not quite that old,ive not been in trouble with the law for a good few years now though,do people not get charged in court anymore?

Ha ha,no im not quite that old,ive not been in trouble with the law for a good few years now though,do people not get charged in court anymore?
It was just the way I read it mate :).

But to answer your question, people get charged by the Police and then appear in court to answer the charge. Keep your flag flying!

It was just the way I read it mate :).

But to answer your question, people get charged by the Police and then appear in court to answer the charge. Keep your flag flying!
Ah yes,i see,hopefully it wont come to that,but the flag will remain,of that you can be sure!
Crimean war,cheeky fucker,i barely remember the Falklands conflict! ;)

Served in Royal Navy for 8 years
Dont see the need to fly a flag or get all excited by Armed Sevices Day
I go to Remembrance Day Service but even that is getting far to commercalised now

I go to Remembrance Day Service but even that is getting far to commercalised now
I feel the same way,its a personal choice,and the fact im ex armed services dosn't make me any more inclined to attend,i lost a few pals in the gulf but i dont feel any need to remember that on a set day,i browse old pictures occasionally and remember them privately,each to their own and thats the way it should be

I feel the same way,its a personal choice,and the fact im ex armed services dosn't make me any more inclined to attend,i lost a few pals in the gulf but i dont feel any need to remember that on a set day,i browse old pictures occasionally and remember them privately,each to their own and thats the way it should be
Agreed mate

Guided by a story about flags being banned from vehicles for health and safety reasons? As I said, in England we don’t do ultra-patriotism like the yanks, some of whom probably play a recording of Star-Spangled Banner when they flush a turd.
You say nothing about alluding to me (in your post) to be a thick DM reader.

You say nothing about alluding to me (in your post) to be a thick DM reader.
Did I explicitly state that though? ‘DM type stories’ I said which means stories about flags offending foreigners, stories which can appear anywhere but usually in the DM. You linked a story to back up your argument and the reason for not flying the flag on Royal Mail vans had nothing to do with ‘PC Britain’.

This is my last post on the subject as the thread is about the armed forces, and I hate to derail threads, as everyone knows.

Last edited:
I also served,and i feel the same.

However,as we now have a day set aside,i didnt see the harm in making this thread and adding my thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.