Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I have absolutely no problem with losing, it's a part of football.

What I do have a problem with, is playing not to lose a game instead of playing to win a game. We are the treble winners ffs... we should have played with an aura and an arrogance today. We are the real deal, the serial winners whilst Arsenal are the pretenders with only a Community Shield and a dog on a team photo to show for it. Why did we curl up in a shell and not express ourselves? Strange performance.

Had we showed more attacking intent to go to win the game today and lost, id have happily accepted that... but to end up losing a game showing absolutely no intent of trying to win a game, is very frustrating.

We had 4 shots all game... 1 on target.

That is very, very, very poor for our high standards.

As soon as I saw the team lineup and the lack of width we had throughout the first half, I just knew we wasn't winning the game. Pep got it all wrong today... that Arsenal side were there for the taking and we should have taken them to the cleaners.

That was easily one of the worst attacking displays during the Pep era. We could have played until Christmas and not scored.

Seen lots of people criticising Haaland today, but what is the man supposed to do if the service up to him is absolutely non-existent?

This game just also outlines how crucial Rodri is to our team and it's quite concerning how over reliant we are on him.

We have Rodri back from now on and Stones back. Time to fix up and try to build momentum after the international break. We really could do with two wins from our next two games against Brighton and Man Utd. It won't be easy at all so we need to get back to playing close to our best.
Is there any chance that Pep took a chance today to show the club that he wants (needs) somebody in January for moments or games like this? Far fetched maybe but we certainly didn’t look like ourselves today

Small margins in big games sometimes it goes for you, sometimes against, today against but we move on it won't define our season because we all know we will be there at the end

So that means we have to accept sub standard performances does it?
Pep won't so why should we?
No but it means the players old and new are owed abit of time before we lynch them. How much time is needed to put it right? I don’t know.

I am not arguing about the performances. We have been mediocre and crap now for a while.

Not being able to cope without Kev and Rodri is to be expected to a certain degree. All I am saying is that we all need to to take a min and reflect. It’s shit losing. It’s shit that we can’t find the passes into Haaland and it’s shit that the whole team looked shattered.

It’s up to the coaching team to find the issues and correct them which we will do. The challenge for pep is to get them going again.

Stop the constant ball recycling and find more ways to score. All huff no puff.

We are totally bereft of ideas without KDB and if Haaland ain’t scoring we’re in serious shit. We also don’t have anyone, apart from KDB, who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck

If we can stay in touch with the leaders, three of four points, till late January, we still have a very good chance of winning the league, but I just don’t see it this season. We lost two big game players in Gundogan and Mahrez and the players we’ve brought in are nowhere near their standard
Posters on here were raving about Kovetic early this season. I just don’t see it at all

I think our game was summed up with about 15 minutes to go, Walker picked the ball up and if he’d passed it right to Bernardo, we were five on four. Instead he turned inside and passed the ball backwards and Bernardo just threw his hands up in frustration

Not lost back to back PL matches in 5 years. Lost both those in December, Palace 2-3 & Leicester 2-1. We picked it up, chased down Liverpool and won the domestic treble that season. So, alarm bells not ringing yet, we’re 2 points behind despite losing 2 on the trot. My only concern is it’s early October and we’ve lost twice already, with some real big games to come this month.

Last edited:
Its funny how deluded fans can be without knowing the facts.

We always starts slow blah, blah, blah.

After 8 games last season we were unbeaten with 20 points, 2 more than now.

Don’t disagree with his form but he doesn’t necessarily have to bulk up. David Silva was about 7 st wet through and he is the best player I have ever seen wear a city shirt. Phil just needs the right players around him.

I know and this is no knock on Foden but he’s not David Silva

question is why is it them and not us who making last minute shots that can turn into lucky deflections as they did in today and community shield games.

we didnt test their nervous keeper at all, our few corners were useless.

there will be lower league teams going to Emirates and test their keeper more.

thats my biggest issue with the game.
Agree, completely against out mindset to go for containment but that's what it felt like.

Go for that option and there's always a chance you'll concede. Got what we deserved for such a negative mindset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.